cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adzyp
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Anyone Got a Free Smart Hub Upgrade at Renewal?

Hi,

Im at the point where I can renewe my Infinity broadband contract and have been given an offer for Infinity 1 and 2. Im still considering what to do but I think being offered the new Smart Hub for free would seal the deal.

Unfortunately the 2 advisors I have spoken to so far are insisting that it is not possible for them to give them away for free 'due to the way the system is setup' and that my only option is to take out a contract at full price to get one for free, or take the discounted price and pay the £57.95.

Has anyone succesfuly been able to get a free smart hub upgrade as part of their renewal deal, specifically on Infinity 1?

I've seen you can buy them on eBay for around £40 or less so im tempted to go down that route if need be.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Anyone Got a Free Smart Hub Upgrade at Renewal?

Why on earth would you want a Smart Hub. I suggest you read a few of the threads on the forum.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

What is wrong with what you already have. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

0 Ratings
Proz
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

I recieved a free BT Smart Hub just for renewing for 12 months longer.

Not had any issues with it either but then it is early days .

I was using an Asus DSL-AC68U before and thought id give the BT Hub a go ..... Ive stuck with the BT Hub as it actually gave me a faster sync and download.

0 Ratings
delboy-lee
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Had mine free with renewing my contract + £7.50 postage charge to pay. Been fairly happy with Hub6 just the odd reset required as others have had & annoying 14 Day reboot for what ever reason but used to it now. Still kept hold of old HH5 just in case.
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

@licquorice wrote:

Why on earth would you want a Smart Hub.

Because it's got a new, higher number. That's why people queued round the block all night to get a new iPhone and why I've just ordered a DB11.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
adzyp
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

The main reason I want the latest hub is for its extended range so that I can get the signal better in the conservatory and outside. At the moment the HH5 isnt great at that

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

It might give better wireless range then again it might not. A lot depends on the construction of the walls that the wireless signal has to go through. You might be better buying a wireless repeater/extender rather than paying anything for a Smarthub.

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

@adzyp wrote:

The main reason I want the latest hub is for its extended range so that I can get the signal better in the conservatory and outside. At the moment the HH5 isnt great at that

The transmitted power will be exactly the same, that is governed by regulations. The aerials may be better but they are still internal.

0 Ratings
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Best to leave the SmartHub well alone for the time being. It has been a disaster for many.

Ian

0 Ratings