cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 34

Re: Anyone achieved more than 17Mbit/s upload speed?

Think yourself lucky 16 meg upload for 74 is normal im getting 75 down and only 8 up this is seriously **bleep** me to the point of im getting close to cancelling my broadband ...

Wander how long it'll take someone to get this sorted ... 

FIX MY **bleep** UPLOAD SPEED

0 Ratings
redstar
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 34

estimated 51/20 upload ok 

Download Speed: 37795 kbps (4724.4 KB/sec )   Upload Speed: 16669 kbps (2083.6 KB/sec )

0 Ratings
davechapman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 34

@astar27 wrote:
it's not them capping speeds. it's the qos in the openreach modem, if you remove this qos (quality of service) it gives you about a meg to 3 meg more upload speed. you can only remove it by hacking the modem which you aren't supposed to do

Thanks.  Any idea what QoS rules a BT-configured modem has to use 1-3 Mbits/s?  That seems a high figure.

I'm not sure it's the whole story though - I've seen people with 79.999/20.000 sync speeds and hacked modems with QoS turned off who still don't get 18Mbits/s.

0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 14 of 34

it's a bit of an unanswerable question. upstream has always been more temperamental than downstream, and i've seen someone with a 19meg upload once before when you test from an exfo
0 Ratings
dwest
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 34

You have got to be joking.......

You are lucky, had BT infinity installed (promised download speed of 23.4Mb), but getting 4Mb.  This is worst than my original ADSL Option 3 where I used get speeds of 9Mb, needless to say I am not a happy customer and have been complaining.  Little or no action has happened and if not soon BT will be losing a long satnding customer.

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 16 of 34

23.4 mb is impossible on infinity 2
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 34

He never mentioned Infinity 2.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 18 of 34

you confuse me, 23.4mb is possible downstream on both infinity and infinity 2
0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 19 of 34

Last month my average upload speed was 17.91Mb and have just checked and this month apart from 1 or 2 days my upload speed has been a constant 18.65Mb, which yes is below what I was told at 20Mb, I've checked and have been over 19Mb but not regular, I don't think I've ever seen anybody who has the 20Mb upload speed.

iechyd da

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 20 of 34

I find i get different upload speeds on different servers, mostly Namesco gves me around 16MB up, albeit it averages just under 16MB. Although uploading to dropbox came round at one point at around 2.3-2.4Meg per second. Don't know of this was inacurrate readings but it was uploading it hella fast!!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings