cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Messenger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 34

Re: Anyone achieved more than 17Mbit/s upload speed?

Strange as I appear to get a faster upload speed when testing through Google Chrome yet IE gives me a slower upload by anything from 1 - 3 Mbps...

Albeit my best result has only ever been 17Mbps when I was quoted 20 upload & honestly im so close to my cab I can see it from where im typing lol :0

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 34

This is my best upload result:

and best download result

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 34

your top speed test was before it was stable and after a few months the bottom one is stable at 76Mbps down and 16.5 up this is normal speed for Infinity 2

now that i found out the HH3 was faulty on upload speed finally im all fixed up and happy as larry ...

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 34

@IceZaroth wrote:
your top speed test was before it was stable and after a few months the bottom one is stable at 76Mbps down and 16.5 up this is normal speed for Infinity 2

If you are talking about my speeds. I had infinty 2 back in february. The upload speed was the best I got a few months later just after disabling QOS on the modem. Ive had no problems at all and didnt really notice a stabilisation period as the modem is syncing at a higher rate then currently avaiable anyway.

This is my most recent speedtest.

0 Ratings
Anton_Dek
Beginner
Message 25 of 34

i'll be the exception to the rule then !

just did a speedtest and with a 5ms ping it reports 94.32 down & 19.84 up via fttp, so i guess it is possible Smiley Very Happy

Aarong
Guru
Message 26 of 34

@Anton_Dek wrote:

i'll be the exception to the rule then !

just did a speedtest and with a 5ms ping it reports 94.32 down & 19.84 up via fttp, so i guess it is possible Smiley Very Happy

It may be different on FTTP as those speeds are more acheivable. 

My speeds have plunged a little but hope to get them back. 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
P4PERTR4iL
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 34

unlock the modem & you can get around an extra 1meg upload by turning of qos
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 28 of 34

@P4PERTR4iL wrote:
unlock the modem & you can get around an extra 1meg upload by turning of qos

I would do, although heard good and bad things about unlocking the modem and an extra Meg you really won't notice any difference. 

I can upload vids to youtube in less than 5 mins so that's more than good enough for me 😉

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
smartie
Contributor
Message 29 of 34

Strangely the only time I see an upload result as high as what you lot are getting is when using the speedtest.net app on my smart phone, which on average is around 15mb, on my pc the upload results are only around 10-12mb usually.
0 Ratings
TheHorseman
Contributor
Message 30 of 34

You are forgetting about the transmission protocol overheads, they total approximately 12.9%.. So the most you are going to get is around 87.1% of your sync speed.
0 Ratings