cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodster123
Beginner
Message 51 of 67

Re: Anyone else unable to connect to mail.btinternet.com this evening?

Still no joy, tried everything that's been suggested.

Thanks again to the posters that have offered help.

Perhaps one of these moderator people might offer help.

I find it strange that a "market leader" such as BT does not offer worthwhile support but relies on unpaid members of the user community to support each other.  I suppose the savings will help the BT Sport experiment though.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 52 of 67

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 53 of 67

Dont give up.  If you can get through by going to the BT yahoo site and log in thats that end Proved to work. Download another email client and set that up and see if you still have the same problem . A new download will usually be up to date. Plenty to choose from .You dont need to keep it just try it out.

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 54 of 67

The latest news for me is that the new settings have been working satisfactorily for several days now=995-SSl and 465. Although still not transferred to DP which I take  will occur many months away . So still going through BT yahoo. But not having to reset my password -SO FAR[ A bit untrustful] but can you blame me.? Its a pity they couldn't do this transfer all at once. Would save a lot of angry subscribers.            

0 Ratings
IanSeale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 67

For what its worth, I think this is a major BT Mail Server POP3 problem.

Here's why this is my set of issues, banging my head against the wall with a BT that doesn't accept it has a problem.

Here's my last (edited) communication:

BT are saying they won't support MY problem.

I am a BT PREMIUM Mail customer, and POP3 e-mail access is part of that product – IT IS SUPPPORTED.

I am replying to you via my alternative e-mail as there is still a fault on the BT Mail Servers preventing me from sending mail via my POP3 Mail Client.

0 Ratings
IanSeale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 67

I am a BT Premium Mail customer for my BT Talk21 e-mail account.

My e-mail was working fine when I left the UK for Greece on 18t Sept.

In Greece, I was accessing e-mails, and responding to them, via the COSMOTE mobile network in Rhodes, Greece.

The problem started around 1st October, when I found that I could not reply to e-mails via my phone ("Sending Failed") - it would sometimes work if I switched my phone off an back on again, but I couldn't send e-mails from my Android phone.

On my return to the UK, on 3rd October, I found that I couldn't send e-mails via my Outlook 2010 client on my Windows 7 Computer, directly connected to my router.

So, 2 separate devices, connected differently, where experiencing the same problem - the commonality BT E-mail servers.

I spent 2 days of absolute hell with your Indian call centres who were worse than useless - refusing to accept that this was a BT sever-related issue.

VOL 012/8248XXXXXXX – 4th Oct

VOL 012/8248XXXXXXX – 4th Oct

As a test, I tried deleting my (POP3) mobile account on my Android phone, and re-instating it.

The BT mails servers wouldn't allow me to set it up as POP3 (although up until the point of the problem it was POP3) and it eventually allowed me to set it up as SMTP/IMAP – Only by setting up as SMTP/IMAP can I now send and receive e-mails on my Talk21 account on my mobile.

My Outlook client on my computer still cannot send e-mails - returning the error code 522.

I have accessed my account via webmail and have changed and verified passwords, but the problem still exists.

*My daughter also has a Talk21 Premium Mail account, and accessing via a different computer Microsoft Mail on a Visa machine, she is experiencing the same problem.

I find out today that BT is withdrawing from Yahoo and is changing/has changed it's e-mail systems.

The problems I and my daughter are experiencing appear to be general BT Mail Server problems that need to addressed centrally, and not a single-user level as the likelihood is that many are affected.

This is not a problem with My Computer, My Phone, My Daughter’s Computer or the different Mail Clients involved – It is a POP3 problem with BT’s Mail Servers – THIS MATTER NEEDS TO BE ESCALATED, AND ADDRESSED.

Please look into this as a matter of urgency.

Please contact me by phone or e-mail and copy my text in your reply.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 57 of 67

IanSeale

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

There is a BT help page here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12686/c/346

0 Ratings
woodster123
Beginner
Message 58 of 67

Now sending and receiving mail ok.  Ports 995 and 465 TLS on.

After reading this thread I tried enabling Critical Path in PeerBlock and that got it working.

Thanks again to all postrs who replied.

0 Ratings
sean70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 67

I have lost pop mail collection on all my portable devices (iOS) there is no provision to set the port and SSL for incoming POP mail on iPad as far as I can see. Does this mean I can no longer collect my BTinternet mail on my mobile device without going to webmail?
0 Ratings
Message 60 of 67

I recently acquired a Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i, Android version 2.3.6

I used the auto setup for mail. It seems to work, but I'm still getting used to it. It's slower than normal desktop mail, even when at home and connected throught the Home Hub.

The settings are:

Outgoing:

SMTP

mail.btinternet.com

security: none (?)

Incoming:

Pop3

mail.btinternet.com

security: none (?)

No apps at all, because I don't trust them! Even a simple thing like the BBC weather app, and rail information apps are via Google Play Store, and I fear that they'll be monitoring all I do, like tracking where I go, through the apps. I'm beginning to wish I'd got something that wasn't Google - I hate them, and don't trust them at all. But who can you trust on the internet these days? But I used £70 of rewards, so th phone was just £30, and pay £15/month unlimited everything, which is better than the old PAYG with Virgin.

0 Ratings