cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Anyone experienced an "Account Merge" please?.....

.... and survived to tell the tale?

when I enquired recently about upgrading to Infinity the Sales guy told me that my account needed "merging". Something to do with part of it having been conceived on an old BT account system. So he said he'd do it, it would take 24 hrs and he'd call back. Never heard from him again. And the account seemed to be well-merged as things were - phone line, broadband, calling plan - but my MyBT now appears to be in meltdown

and I am getting anxious that I am being sucked into a BT black hole.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
ljm
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Anyone experienced an "Account Merge" please?.....

Hi flofoster, sorry but don't understand your post. What do you refer to as 'Account Merge'??
0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 3 of 12

FLO -If you get up merged accounts -in the "search community" box  above you will get the answer.

0 Ratings
antonyfrn
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

Had it done with mine no issues having it done may take upto a week.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@ljm wrote:
Hi flofoster, sorry but don't understand your post. What do you refer to as 'Account Merge'??

Just what I said ljm - that's all the guy told me. He said my accounts needed to be merged. I said that was hard to understand because I have only one account number and all charges are bundled together on one bill - broadband, line rental and telephone (inluding Anytime calls). He said it was because part of the account was under an old system. Who am I to argue when I am not versed in BT account management and know nothing about old, new systems and how account systems have changed over the years? I said all I could - that it looked "merged" to me.

He said it would take just 24 hours and would ring me back at a specific time the next day. He failed to do that. I never heard from him again.

duncan10 - thanks for the suggestion, but I can't find any details on those posts that indicates the nature of pre-merged accounts. Did they have different account numbers? Different bills - one for phone, one for broadband? Is there any clue on the many monthly bills that I have saved that indicates an unmerged/unaligned account? What are the symptoms of an unmerged unaligned account? All I can find in those posts is a large catalogue of unresolved horrendous chronic problems that arise when accounts are merged.

It's not looking good. I dare not try phoning BT because:

1. I don't have the time.

2. I don't trust them to get it right, or to tell me the truth.

Thank folks for all the help.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

The moderators can sort this out for you. I will ask one of them to assist.

0 Ratings
CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 12

Hi FloFosterJenkins,

I'll be happy to take care of the merge for you.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@CraigS wrote:

Hi FloFosterJenkins,

I'll be happy to take care of the merge for you.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

Thank you Craig and Keith for intervening.

It might be too late for the time being. I have initiated correspondence with BT about this, and don't wish to cloud the issue by involving separate areas of BT. BT have a very poor record of inter-departmental communication, and I fear that things could get even more confused.

Moreover this involves several issues - BT mendacity, breach of faith, degradation of my online account, failure of the usage monitor, inapproriate links on MyBT, and more. Do you really wish to take all this on?

Is Warren Buckley's email address of the usual BT format - 1stname.2nd name AT bt DOT com?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Of course I also will wish to have a guarantee that I won't be charged if I exceed the BB limit given that I can't keep tabs on it due to the failure of access to the monitor. I don't imagine that forum mods are authorised to give such assurances.

Got about 4 hrs sleep lastnight. Full day, finishing at about 2130 this evening. Thanks BT.

Gavin e patterson has the same email format I see. Anyway snailmail is underway just in case.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

oh for God's sake you incompetent idiots BT. just speaking to India theyve closed my account. you numbskulls. you incompetent dross. they say they sent a closing balance reminder on dec14th email, nothing received here. now she says there s another account!

typing w one finger...

0 Ratings