cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 19

Anyone having problems with their new Smart Hub6?

I'm having problems with my new Smart hub. The day after I installed it I had problems ; the broadband looked like it was working from the lights on front but I couldn't get into the home page even with an Ethernet connection. And obviously no wifi.
A fortnight on and it's happened again. Same thing exactly for over half hour. Multiple off and ons and nothing so decided to switch back to my hub 3 . No problems . Perfect connection. Plugged smart hub back in after an hour and it took AGES to warm up but finally connected. Is ok at moment but I'm wondering how long for!?
Has anyone else had connection issues with the new Smart Hub? I'm sure that's what is messed up here.
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Infinity with Smart Hub - slower than sky!!

I'm having problems with my new smart hub!
0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 19

Re: Anyone having problems with their new Smart Hub6?

Maybe you have one of the dodgy ones, there have been a few of those knocking about, I would see about getting a replacement to try just to rule it out. 

My has been connected fine without any issues

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 19

Blue light on smart hub 6 but no connection even with ethernet cable

Has anyone had this with their hub...either their new smart hub 6 or any other for that matter?,

A few times now my hub looks like it's working but no wifi at all. I've then connected my Ethernet cable to it and I can't even get onto the hub home page. I thought this was supposed to be possible at all times if the blue ok light was on? 

This new hub 6 is really playing us all up and whe I reconnected the hub 3 I could connect straight away. 

0 Ratings
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Re: Blue light on smart hub 6 but no connection even with ethernet cable

Try taking a few moments to look at other discussions concerning the SmartHub/HH6 and you should very quickly realise that many people are affected.

Ian 

0 Ratings
bigdavyyeah
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

Had mine replaced as they said it was faulty by testing it from their side, I installed it today and still more issues, really hacked off, new bt customer and thinking of leaving!!
0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 19

I'm on my second Smart Hub now. Yesterday after many hours on Twitter, telephone and to three different departments, they agreed to send me a new HH6 smart hub. It arrived this morning. 

First one firmware ending 21F4 had faults such as no broadband even though blue light showing (none on Ethernet or wifi) and regular drop outs. New hub received today with firmware ending 21EC (earlier date than the 21F4) was even worse (if that's possible) and this new one wouldn't save static ip's, allocated two on same IP address and kept changing admin password on me so much that in the end I couldn't get on to the admin page so unplugged it and put my HH3 back in use. This is pathetic BT. I've just paid £50 for this useless piece of **bleep** that is better off in the bin. Unbelievable and I've wasted hours trying to sort this out, from helplines to work on setting everything many times only to find that within an hour it's screwed again.
sort this out BT

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 19

To Stuartd

which firmware is on your ok smart hub please? 

To Pumps100

i did have a quick Google and funnily enough didn't find anything. I then came to this forum, presuming that because my google search gleaned nothing, that I was the only one with problems. I posted and then when I had more time, searched more within this Forum and did indeed realise that I am not alone. There are many many people with problems with the Smart hub. Wonder if it's software or Hardware  or a combination of both? 

0 Ratings
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

In my opinion you are best to get a refund and move on.

Don't waste your time like I and many others did fiddling with it to try and make it work.

Regards

Ian

0 Ratings
asboyd
Beginner
Message 10 of 19

I have just returned to BT from Sky as of 15th Sep (or so I thought). Switch over to BT was yesterday which happened early evening. Everything went smoothly, a couple of wired devices into the back of HH6 and WPS'd a number of wireless devices. All was functioning well, great performance (wireless and wired) until this morning where for some reason all performance of all wireless devices was non existent meaning although you could connect wirelessly to the hub it would take 10s of minutes for even the bt.com home page to appear (if it actually did). Absolutely no problem with wired devices. Followed all the advice and guidance from BT.com (and other sources), including a factory reset but just cannot get wi-fi to work. Now, in my simple mind: wired connections are fine, meaning there is no issue between the HH6 and the exchange and beyond the issue is purely the connection between my wireless devices and the HH6 so given all wireless devices are not working (they are OK using next doors BTwifi) then highly likely there is fault within the HH6 itself. 

I spent hours this morning trying to resolve issue, a good chuck of this time was on the phone to BT, passed to 4 different individuals who where more concerned that I only had the service activated yesterday and that it would take up to 10 days for the service to settle down. I know that on a new broadband service performance can vary but surely that only applies to the link between the HH6 and the exchange or are BT suggesting the HH6 needs time to stablise performance within the home network - something I struggle to understand. Even if this was the case, I would expect an adequate performance level on my wireless devices (as I did initially) rather than wireless just doesn't work.

Not sure where this issue is going at the moment, I had to suggest to the 4th person I spoke to today to send me out a replacement hub..... should arrive Monday. Good that the neighbours have BT but now wondering if leaving Sky was my best move.............

0 Ratings