cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Anyone having problems with their new Smart Hub6?

I wasted 3 weeks fiddling with every available configurable option but gave up in the end. My wife even binned her tablet during this period as it simply would not connect.

I got a refund and reverted back to HH5. My only regret now was the time wasted. It was my idea to change to the SmartHub and my wife really gave me a hard time.

Technical point should you wish to continue the pain of trying to get it to work. Some music streaming devices are just not compatible with the SmartHub. Gramofon devices for example.

Regards

Ian

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

This is getting boring now. You made a mistake and bought a HH6, there is no need to keep telling the world at every opportunity.

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 19

I'm still finding this interesting and comments are helping me 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

Sorry, I fail to see how repeatedly making the same comments on multiple threads is in any way helpful.

0 Ratings
Pumps100
Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Sorry but I am just trying to be helpful. There are many new members coming on to these boards who have not seen what has gone on before. The main message to people is not too spend too much time on it (as I did). Get a refund and move on.

Regards

Ian

KenDhansak
Beginner
Message 16 of 19

I'm having problem swith the router. I plug it in, there aren't any lights on the front and nothing happens. Should there be any lights on the front?!
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

@KenDhansak wrote:
I'm having problem swith the router. I plug it in, there aren't any lights on the front and nothing happens. Should there be any lights on the front?!

Check that the plug is assembled correctly, and the power on off switch at the back is turned on.

BT Hub set up

PauldeUdderleg
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Because BT chat employees are paid to criticise our tablets and phones wont admit to a fault with the hub 6. Ive been driven mad by wifi drop out and pointless bt help chat.
fastidle
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

Not so smart Hub 6, 52MB FTTP / FTTH fitted 5 weeks ago with new Hub 6 supplied, still getting erratic speed tests especially BT wholesale test (12MB/s to 52MB/s). All test conducted using Cat6 cable connection to modem.

Problem gave slow loading of web pages, pages would stutter whilst file download speeds seemed ok, after many different types of test concluded that bufferbloat (over 3000ms accumulated) responsible for connection issues, tracing the bufferbloat gave 3 node problems, BT Ipswich and Ilford at peak times (unavoidable as all traffic is via these) and the "Smarthub 6" (well over 1500ms bufferbloat).

Unfortunately BT modems have very limited user settings, QOS is unavailable so no control over buffers, returned to Hub 3 (previous copper ADSL) with fibre connector.

Result consistent 51MB/s speed, 39MB/s throughput with 250ms bufferbloat, may have reduced WiFi connection to 72Mbps but far more stable and faster browsing/downloads.

Conclusion Hub 6 may have a good 330Mbps 5Mhz WiFi signal but it is useless with excessive bufferbloat, seems BT concentrated so much on fast WiFi speeds they forgot about the rest of the Hub 6 design causing an erratic buffered connection. 

It's all about the advertising and making money.

0 Ratings