cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knightrugby
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Anyone managed to connect an HP Photosmart B110a Printer to a HomeHub 2 (Black)

I have a Photosmart B110a printer that refuses to connect.

After entering all network information SSID and wireless key, the printer attempts connection then you get a blue screen on the printer panel with error code B8126AD6, you then get a printer error then you are asked to switch off & switch on the printer. You are then in a loop!
Have tried the USB to wireless function on my PC but get the same error. 

Anyone managed to connect one of these?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
zider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: Anyone managed to connect an HP Photosmart B110a Printer to a HomeHub 2 (Black)

I tried to set up a HP B110a wireless printer today. through my BT home hub 2. this is the second printer i have tried, as the first would not recognise my BT home hub 2. i thought it was faulty, so got a replacement .

this time got a professional to try to set it up, he failed,  felt a bit better for that , but still got no wi fi connection.  he thinks you can only use a USB wired printer on a BT hub. BA!!! TO BT. 

0 Ratings
MarkG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Re: Anyone managed to connect an HP Photosmart B110a Printer to a HomeHub 2 (Black)

@zider wrote:

I tried to set up a HP B110a wireless printer today. through my BT home hub 2. this is the second printer i have tried, as the first would not recognise my BT home hub 2. i thought it was faulty, so got a replacement .

this time got a professional to try to set it up, he failed,  felt a bit better for that , but still got no wi fi connection.  he thinks you can only use a USB wired printer on a BT hub. BA!!! TO BT. 

Some professional you used, that's total rubbish. I use a different model HP printer (Photosmart C4380) and it connects wirelessly on the BT hub 2 without any issues (other than the often **bleep** HP software but that's another story!).

Try the solution on the link below (note, I just found this by googling the error code quoted, there seem to be other links you can try if this one doesn't work)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/If-you-have-a-Blue-Screen-Error-due-to-...

0 Ratings
SarahJ
Message 4 of 21

I have the same problem connecting the HP B110, I called HP and it's a known problem which they are trying to resolve apparently. They suggested switching from WPA2 to WEP security, as this sometimes resolves however I had no joy with that workaround. I've managed to get other HP models to connect too, so don;t understand what is taking so long to resolve the problem on the B110.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 21

I'm presuming you'll have a HP software suite with your printer .....

Have a look to see if there is an option in there to configure a wireless printer setup ....

By connecting a usb cable from printer to PC temporarily, whilst the two components configure the connection

automatically between themselves ....

That is the method my printer setup prefers ...

Once the wireless config is completed and saved, then just disconnect said usb cable.

You may have, you may not, but worth a look.    😉

0 Ratings
zider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

yes, tried all those, and more . contacted H.P. they could not help. and todate have not got an answer. although they know of problem.

took HP printer back and changed for Cannon. hey presto NO TROUBLE WITH CONNECTION!

thanks for all answers

Guru
Message 7 of 21

So what do we say to Mr. Cannon?

20on20.gif

good stuff....

0 Ratings
zider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

we say thanks for printing evertime. yipee!!

i sugest if you have a BT hub , do not buy a HP wireless printer.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 21

I don't use a hub ... but I'd never buy a HP printer anyhow ....

Unless I needed an expensive door stop.  😉

0 Ratings
zider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

If you look at my first posting, the clue is in the question. i asked about the hub 2 ! so you don't use a hub. I DO.

0 Ratings