cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Guru
Message 11 of 21

Re: Anyone managed to connect an HP Photosmart B110a Printer to a HomeHub 2 (Black)

Yes I understand that ...

But secretly I'm thinking the problem is more to do with the printer ....

Than the hub ...   πŸ˜‰

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 12 of 21

Re: Anyone managed to connect an HP Photosmart B110a Printer to a HomeHub 2 (Black)

Just to throw in a quick two penny worth.....plug the printer into the Hub's USB, then into a browser type in 192.168.1.253 this should bring up the web interface for the printer, configure wireless settings and add a static IP address, subnet, gateway, dns then apply the settings.

Then add printer, depending on your o/s, network printer and it should find the printer on the network using the static IP address entered from the web gui, then do the have disk to install drivers, the other bits for hp you can install after.

No reason why this should not work as most wireless printer setup's will require ethernet to initially install.

0 Ratings
zider
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

this printer does NOT come with the usb lead (says in the manual you don't need it)

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 14 of 21

@zider wrote:

this printer does NOT come with the usb lead (says in the manual you don't need it)

I've never known any printer to come with a usb lead, I was just offering a solution Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 15 of 21

Mine did.   πŸ˜‰

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 16 of 21

@RogerB wrote:

Mine did.   πŸ˜‰

There's always one Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
ploughman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Smiley Mad

I am not interested in this THREAD yet every time someone made a reply to it, since 1502 on the 23/11 I have received notification that a REPLY has been made, I believe that is about 13 notifications.

Would this be classified as a BUG or a SCAM in the FORUM 

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 21

@ploughman - have you accidentally hit subscribe under the 'topic options'? I guess it should now give you the option to unsubscribe.
0 Ratings
ploughman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Being reasonably NEW to the FORUM. I do not think I have Selected 'Subscribe' . Checking the options it is not High Lighted.

There are other options High Lighted but NOT SUBSCRIBE.

But thanks for the lead. I will have to check again and see what is actually selected.

0 Ratings
ploughman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

I have checked the OPTIONS and from my observation SUBSCRIBE is listed. Selecting SUBSCRIBE I was notified that it was now set. Returning to OPTIONS list there was now an UN-SUBSCRIBE option. Selecting this I was then notified that I had been removed from SUBSCRIBE.

Thus from that exercise I believe I am not SUBSCRIBED. Thus I will have to wait to see if I get another notification.

So far I have not received notification for my own REPLY ABOVE/BELOW.

Thus it only seems to occur when other REPLY.  

0 Ratings