cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Anyone

Using powerline adaptors to connect to router. If so thoughts please..
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Anyone

hi I use solwise 500 piggys as im sat upstairs with the immersion tank behind me so wireless was rubbish currently connected at 290 down and 315 up so plenty for my 39meg connection had no problems since fitted two months ago except my stupidity when first  using them on extension lead 25 up 25 down 😞 should rtfm 🙂

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Yes,

Using the TP-Link 200 mbps ones and get a good 60 megs (and about 64 megs direct wired), so pretty good performance.

I find the pings are a bit longer, but isn't an issue for me (not a gamer).

The main thing is to heed the advice and NOT have the homeplug on a multiway strip. Best thing is to have it in it's own socket. You really do get a huge speed drop if you do ... I have one machine which only gives 28 megs as I only have one powerpoint in the room so everything runs off a strip.

Don't know if those homeplugs which have mains pass through are a way to get round the strip problem??? I expect someone will comment on here.

Rob

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I have just ordered the t link adaptors as well. My phone socket is downstairs and main computer upstairs. Infinity being installed next week and didnt really want to use wifi and possibly have poor speeds. It isn't an option to move hardware or socket upstairs and didn't want to run Ethernet . For 30 squid thought the t linke powerline was worth a gamble. Currently on 5mb so even though my infinity will be capped at 38 I should see a difference.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

"Don't know if those homeplugs which have mains pass through are a way to get round the strip problem??? I expect someone will comment on here."

yes solwise piggys (aka Mains Passthrough) are  lot easier with the lack of sockets I have 🙂 downstairs I have ethernet cabled  to the nearest socket after my extension cable muckup

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

2009337721.png

0 Ratings