Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 12

Anytime calls

Go to solution

Just noticed price rise for anytime calls add-on £7.50 a month from 21/6/14.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
StewM
Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Anytime calls

Go to solution

Thanks. The unlimited evening and weekend package is also increasing

Stew

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks.

How and when was this increase advised to customers? I seem to have missed any advance warning.

Do you know what the increase in the old anytime calls product is, currently £5.48 per month?
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

I have not had any advance warning, just seen it on the website.

My bill is due on the 19th June so will see if it is applied then. I pay £7.00 for anytime calls and have done so for

over a year. I will update this post after I receive my online bill re if I am charged the extra.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I think the increase will apply to those on monthly rolling contracts or those who recontract after 20 June. Fortunately I have just recontracted and pay £5.00 for anytime calls so I am not expecting any increase - was told that the price would be the same for the duration of the 12 months.

ernie_c   you could ring customer options to see what deals they could offer - you may have to eventually ask for a MAC to get a person higher up the ladder to offer even better deals. I assume you are on a monthly deal as you pay the £5.48 as this is what I used to pay.

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks, Conrad. No need for me to bother the options team. I'm a landline only customer. My preferred supplier for broadband and TV is elsewhere.
0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Following a twitter exchange yesterday and an email and telephone discussion today, I can confirm that these new prices will apply only to new orders. Existing customers are not affected. This is not a general price increase.

There will, of course, be some customers getting charged differently for the same product, e.g. existing customers getting charged £7 for UAC and new customers, from tomorrow, getting charged £7.50 per month.

As a UAP customer, I'll continue to pay £5.48 per month.
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks ernie_c

I'm still waiting for my on-line bill so we will see. Why do existing customers on UAP pay  different prices, there are 3 different  in this thread.

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
There are different unlimited calls packages.

I am on an old one, Unlimited Anytime Plan (UAP). The current one is called Unlimited Anytime Calls (UAC).

The current plan has half price mobile calls on top of the original plan I am on to explain its greater price.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

You only get put onto the new plans if you recontract - if you don't and are on a monthly contract you stay on whatever plan you have. This is one of the reasons why MyBT is unable to show calling plan add ons in my opinion.

My plan cost is what the person higher up than the options team offerred so that I didn't leave BT.

0 Ratings