cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malacath
Expert
Message 1 of 5

App forces my phone onto BT wifi connection instead of my own network.

I have an annoying problem with BT wifi app.

If I  travel somewhere with a hotspot it automatically connects me to that hotspot which is fine.

But when I go back home the BTwifi app connects me to my own BTWifi hotspot instead of my own homehub connection. I then have to manually disconnect and reconnect to my own network.

Isn't there a way to get the BT Wifi app to give priority to my own secured network whenever it comes in range?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: App forces my phone onto BT wifi connection instead of my own network.

is there not a tick box on your phone in wireless to give priority to a specific connection - I can on my S2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Yes that is ticked but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Deleted by poster - misread earlier post.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
AquariasLass
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Dont know if this helps but I had the same problem and the tick box doesn't actually tell you which network it is prioritising so eventually I took "forget" the home hub option, unticked the priority box and then connected to home hub - putting in wireless passkey as password and since yesterday my mobile has stayed logged in to home hub whereas before it was constantly loggjng me out and on to fon
This was my probs, in case it helps:
http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Galaxy-S3-WON-T-connect-to-Home-Hub-prefers-BT-Fon-or-Op...
0 Ratings