Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 47

App now broken on the Hudl?

Go to solution

Tried to use it today for the first time in some weeks only to fnd it is not working anymore.  Press Play on the EPG or video selecton and it just throws me back to the main screen.  After a couple of attempts I then get the dreaded VC010 (too many streams active) error which means I need to reboot and wait for it to clear.

Anyone else had problems like this?

0 Ratings
46 REPLIES 46
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 47

Re: App now broken on the Hudl?

Go to solution

Just had a less than helpful online chat session with BT support where I had to lead the guy through to the conclusion that perhaps he needs to flag it up as an issue for the app development team to look at.  I will give it a week but that puts the kybosh on following MotoGP practise / quali for the concluding round this weekend while out at work.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 47

Go to solution

And now had an email from a "Managing Director" no less which completely misses the point

Hi,

You can run two live streams at the same time using your BT ID log-in for BT Sport. If you’re trying to watch live content using a BT ID which already has two open streams, you’ll receive the following error message:

‘You have reached your maximum number of concurrent streams’

If you’re having problems running more than one stream, try the following steps:

1. Restart any devices that you have recently used to view BT Sport

2. Wait 15 minutes and try logging in again to BT Sport.

You should now be able to log into BT Sport

Finally, if you have given your login details to someone else, reset your BT ID password by logging into My BT. This will not resolve the issue straight away but the next time other users try to open a live session using your BT ID, they'll be blocked. Please click here to reset your password.

The account holder is responsible for their BT log-in details used to access this service. We strongly advise BT Sport subscribers not to share their BT ID login details with other people to access the BT Sport App. The same log-in details provide access to My BT, where it is possible to view bills and change the products purchased from BT.

For further support and help, please visit us online at www.bt.com/help/btsport

Thanks for choosing BT,

Libby Barr,
Managing Director,
BT Consumer Sales and Service

Any chance that there is someone at BT who does not just skim-read and fixates on a random word to pick a standard response out of a hat?

Perhaps I need to be clearer:  The issue is that the app only thinks it is launching a video stream (which it may well be doing in the background for all I know) but it is not playing the stream on the tablet but throwing back to the EPG or video selection screen.

0 Ratings
dale
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 47

Go to solution

I am having the same problems as yourself with my tesco hudl . Hope someone will tell us how to fix this problem .

0 Ratings
pptom
Message 5 of 47

Go to solution

I'm having exactly the same issue on my Asus ever since the automatic app software update 2 days ago.

Glad its not just me.

My wife has an ipad, running the same version and its working fine.

0 Ratings
pptom
Message 6 of 47

Go to solution

Well that was a waste of time.

Just contacted BT and their best answer is to wait for the next software update.

They're obviously aware of the issues and i've been told its not possible to roll back to the last version - if anyone can proove them wrong and let me know how, i'd appreciate it.

This could well be the nail in the coffin, my contract is up this month and to be frank, its been shocking. Motogp is the only thing i'd miss

0 Ratings
dale
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 47

Go to solution

I just tried my tesco hudl and everything is working again Man LOL

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 47

Go to solution

Still not working for me.  Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
dale
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 47

Go to solution

See if this helps . What I did was uninstalled bt sports reinstalled it , left it until the next day and it was working for me . 

0 Ratings
littlegl
Beginner
Message 10 of 47

Go to solution

This for me too since the Nov. 4th? Btsport app update? I suspect.  Absolutely no trouble at all before that, all year.  Some streams work ok first time some give the VC010 error.  Kept trying this a.m. and eventually saw all the GP1 race - phew!

Tried all the usual cache, etc clears, restarts and fresh app install.

Agree this from gomezz

quote,

"Perhaps I need to be clearer:  The issue is that the app only thinks it is launching a video stream (which it may well be doing in the background for all I know) but it is not playing the stream on the tablet but throwing back to the EPG or video selection screen."

I'm on a slowish broadband connex, could it be too great a disparity between download/upload speeds.  my IT knowledge is rather dated now.

jonny p

0 Ratings