Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 47

Re: App now broken on the Hudl?

Go to solution
Yep. Still not working for me. I agree, what is so hard about rolling back to the version that did work?
0 Ratings
Richard70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 47

Go to solution
Same for me also. Had hoped following latest update It would work but like many others still no luck, even after a reinstall. Did get a call back from BT on Monday, was told they where aware but could not give timescale for a fix and that the Hull was not a supported device. If this goes on for too long will move to cheaper broadband provider. Please BT get it sorted.
0 Ratings
Mickel01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 47

Go to solution

Hi Richard

BT may not support the Hudl, god knows why,after all it is an Android device and quite popular. Also what we are all saying on this forum is it worked perfectly before the updates and thats all we want again.

Maybe we should stop supporting BT with our monthley payments if they cant support us or if you own a Hudl get a reduction because we cant use the full service that they are supposed to provide.

If Im sounding childish I apologise but flipping heck this should be sorted by now.

0 Ratings
littlegl
Beginner
Message 34 of 47

Go to solution

Since the last update 25/11? It seems to be possible to get the stream to work occasionally by playing with the pause button after starting up in the small "watch" window, in a recorded stream.  I guess this may delay in some way the hudl aquiring the stream and allows the setup to complete. Once any short stream runs its possible to view any others including live streams.  The hudl 1 can still do  it it would seem but doesn't like some form of handshake in the system.

Is BT still looking into this problem?

Jonny p

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 35 of 47

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

We’re aware that there is currently a problem with the BT Sport/BT TV player on the Hudl Mk 1 (it does not affect the more recent Hudl 2 model). The problem relates to the third-party video player SDK that we use in our Android app, which is provided by Akamai.

We are working with Akamai to find a fix for this, but unfortunately I can’t provide any more information on when this will be resolved.

We recognise that the Hudl is a popular device but we do not list it as an officially supported device.

The app is compatible with the majority of Android devices running OS 4.1 or later. However, there are thousands of Android devices on the market, and we're unable to test the app on every one. For this reason, we cannot guarantee that the app will work on your device.

Thanks,

OlgaC

0 Ratings
Mickel01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 47

Go to solution

Thanks, at last a recognition of the problem, let's hope you can get it sorted asap. At least we now know you are addressing the problem. Look forward to getting back to being able to enjoy BT sports.

0 Ratings
littlegl
Beginner
Message 37 of 47

Go to solution

The problem with the hudl1 seems to be more in the initial acquisition of the stream.  If I manage to start the sport video stream by various means ! I then have no problems playing any video stream live or recorded.  If  I leave btsport and the time out elapses then hit or miss again to get it back each time.  Some attempts abandoned as no go at all.

Jonny p

0 Ratings
Mickel01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 47

Go to solution

Wouldnt work at all last Night !!!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 47

Go to solution

@OlgaC wrote:

Hi everyone,

We’re aware that there is currently a problem with the BT Sport/BT TV player on the Hudl Mk 1 (it does not affect the more recent Hudl 2 model). The problem relates to the third-party video player SDK that we use in our Android app, which is provided by Akamai.

We are working with Akamai to find a fix for this, but unfortunately I can’t provide any more information on when this will be resolved

Are Akami aware that it was working fine up until the August(?) update so that narrows down where they need to look for the problem?

Where is this list of supported devices you mention?  I can find the minimum spec for Android devices which the Hudl 1 meets and a short list of devices you have tested but that is it.  I guess the devices tested are just the ones that the app team happen to own as it misses off many of the other more popular Android devices, not just the Hudl 1.

0 Ratings
Mickel01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 47

Go to solution

Another weekend of sport spoilt, because of this app. Any news BT?

0 Ratings