cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrbeadle
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

App won't work on chromecast

Just spoken to bt technical, to be told that the bt sport app will not work via chromecast, it will only work via a PC or laptop. It is all very well BT changing to this and cutting of the aerial signal, but when you live in a rural area and cannot get infinity, the broadband speed is awful, and keeps freezing when watching via laptop. Not happy at all.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: App won't work on chromecast

Depending upon which mobile phone or tablet you have and the quality of your wifi connection you can use Chromecast.

Some BT info here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/related/1

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49116/~/how-to-stream-through-chromecast-on-the-bt-sp...

From the BT Sport app, you tap the Chromecast button, select the Chromecast device you want to use and the content is beamed from your smartphone or tablet to play on your TV. For most content, it's important to remember that you're not actually streaming from the control device to the Chromecast. Instead, your controlling device talks to the Chromecast and tells it where it can access the stream from; the Chromecast then takes over playback duties, letting you use your smartphone or tablet for any other job. However, a connection is still made between the two devices, so that you can control playback.

Mrbeadle
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I am using iphone6+, I can cast video from by sport app, but not live sport. Any ideas.
0 Ratings
Mrbeadle
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Spoken to chromecast, bt app should work. Suggested deleting app and then downloading again. Done that still doesn't work. No sound when I cast from laptop, and cannot enlarge screen. Any Ideas anybody, chromecast not much help.
0 Ratings