cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Appalling and distressing service and harassment

We moved in the middle of December, had 2 lines at our old address with BT Broadband. Unable to use our old numbers despite only being down the road so had to ask for 2 new lines (one of which is a business line). We have had, and are having, a never ending saga of total mismanagement from the initial install (which to some extent has now been resolved by not using BT for Broadband - they said they couldn't supply it at all to our new build house initially - so why take an order? but that's another story). There has been an almost daily conversation trying to get both lines installed and now we are having almost daily phone calls from BT staff asking us to pay a bill which was agreed we would have a rebate on from our house move. Last week one of the people we spoke to put in a complaint on our behalf as he could see from the frequency and content of the calls that we were having considerable trouble with BT service and billing. We then got a phone call saying that we would be having a rebate on our bill of £205.00 for incorrect charging on our old phone number which has been disconnected. We thought that at last it had been resolved - no such luck. Just got in the door and the phone rings - "this is BT, we are chasing payment on our bill" !!!! 

This seriously should be a day-to-day blog. If it sounds disjointed it's because I've left so much of this fiasco out that my brain can't knit all the facts together coherently any more. From what I can gather OFCOM are not much help for individual problems so I will put all the BT paperwork, promises made by email (and never acted upon) and details of the constant stream of just sheer incompetence to my MP at the weekend. Someone needs to do something about BT. Telephone and Broadband are not luxury items, they are necessities and BT should be held to account for their core incompetence.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Appalling and distressing service and harassment

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

ongoing incident 130213-00*****. total nightmare

Attn: David M. this is a nightmare. BT have now cut off our current phone line instead of the ones we've moved from. we now have no phone line and no broadband. currently they are saying they will try and set it up asap but can't give us how long it will take. took them 12 hours to cancel the line but noe they're saying it could be days to reinstate and they can't give us our old number back immediately! been awake all night worrying about this!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Re: ongoing incident 130213-00****. total nightmare

trilly, I guess that you have contacted customer support. Did you get an email from David M? If you did then reply to that, marked for his attention, and include your incident number in the subject area. This should be quicker than waiting for a reply from the forum which is not always mod moderated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Re: Appalling and distressing service and harassment

using my mobile on basic service as not good signal. been on the phone for nearly 2 hours to try and sort and 5 different people. eventually spoke to Lyn in your Middlesborough office who has been very helpful. however have had to go through the whole process of re-ordering phone line. not only is this distressing and stressful it is costing us money with all these lengthy calls.
0 Ratings