Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveLat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Appalling customer service trying to upgrade to a smarthub

Go to solution

Sorry this is very long winded but ive copied it from my records of this ongoing debacle which I add to and email off after each episode......

On Tuesday the 9th of May I responded to an email offer I received from BT to upgrade my hub to a smart hub free of charge. I clicked on the link in the email and was diverted to a page where I had to renew my contract for 2 yrs to get the new smart hub. I filled out the online form and shortly afterwards received a confirmation email. Later that evening I used the online chat feature to ask the question how long would it take for my new smart hub to arrive? After giving the guy the reference number on my confirmation email he looked into it and responded by saying he couldn't find my order in the system and I needed to speak to a different dept. It was late so we agreed he would phone me the following day between 9 and 12.... Unsurprisingly I received not such call and I purposely stayed in awaiting the promised call!!!
The reference number on the email is
Your BT.com reference is: ***EDITED***

I therefore raised a complaint via email about this on the 11th of May I was contacted by ”Stephanie”

She confirmed the ref number I had received was not showing on her system either and could not explain it. She passed me to a different department to a guy with a Geordie accent who pledged the new smart hub would be delivered to my home address on Monday the 15th of May. After this Stephanie came back on and asked if it was ok to close the complaint, being a trusting person I agreed.

The new smart hub never arrived……..

I therefore emailed in another complaint. The next day I was contacted by “Partha”

After yet again explaining the situation she responded by saying she could not send me the hub I had been promised as there was no record of the email etc…… I angrily told her to cancel my broadband and every other service I have with BT as I had been let down several times……. she instantly replied by telling me she would send the new hub to me! it would take between 3 and 5 days and she was closing the complaint… Goodbye!!!
This did not feel right. Having experienced the dark arts exercised by call centres before
I do not believe this will happen!
Why did Stephanie have to transfer me to a different dept to arrange delivery of the hub and Partha did not?
Why did she “tell me she was closing the complaint” when Stephanie asked me if it was ok to do so?
My experience of call centres in india is not good, I left another telecom company for this reason ! I am very prepared to leave BT over this issue.
I do not believe the hub delivery has been arranged, I believe I have been “fobbed off” yet again and so would like someone in authority to email me back (so I have a record) with either:

A guarantee the new smart hub is being delivered along with date of delivery. Contact details of this person in authority who is contactable by me if required regarding this issue.
or

2) Contact details of the cancellation dept so I can take the £110 per month’s worth of business I currently spend on BT products to a different customer friendly Telecommunications company.

Friday 19th of May I was phoned by "Sumita" who confirmed that "Partha" had indeed not done as she promised (incredibly poor customer service again) and had not arranged delivery of a smart hub!!! but she would. i insisted she email conformation of her assurance the smart hub had on this occasion been ordered, she did this.

24th of May the package arrived! it was a box with an ethernet cable in it and an instruction manual!! NO SMARTHUB!!! I insist someone contact me about how I can discuss taking my £110 per month custom to a company that treats its customers in a respectful manner and preferably by someone in the UK. Please respond by email as I will not be contactable by phone tomorrow until after 3pm.

Today 25th of May, even though I specified i wanted contacting by email and was not contactable today until after 3pm you rang me in the morning and I missed the call…. was this done on purpose? do BT have any desire to rectify this issue ?

This is where im up to present day. I really think im going to have to leave BT over this, any comments or advice?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Appalling customer service trying to upgrade to a smarthub

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @john46,

I am sorry to hear about all of the problems you have had trying to get your new Smart Hub. It should have been simple and straightforward.

If you want to leave you can of course but I would like to offer you my teams help. To reach us, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. Please note, it can take 1-3 working days for us to get back to you at present. We'll do all we can to help you.

To speak with our Customer Options Team, they can be reached on 0800800030. They'll be available to speak with you today.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
DaveLat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks john46 and thanks DanielS for your replys.

I have contacted the mods via the link described.

DaveLat

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @DaveLat,

I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry that I didn't get speaking to you today. I've had a look at your account details and I can see that the Smart Hub has been reordered and its due for delivery on the 31st. Please post back when your Hub arrives.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @DaveLat,

Thank you for taking my call. I'm happy to hear that the Smart Hub arrived on Thursday, please accept my apology for the delay.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings