cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Appalling customer service

I just wanted to add my voice to those of the large number of people who are fed up with BT.  I am appalled and shocked at how incompetent BT seemed to be when I moved house but, worse than that, how rude and unhelpful customer services were.  I see BT won an award in 2014 for the worst customer service in the country.  http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2539447/Wooden-Spoon-2014-BT-wins-worst-customer-ser...

Doesn't seem like they learned from this.  They have failed to provide me with a service for a month and then still billed me for it and not apologised for the lack of service either.  They do not respond to complaints despite promising they will.  

What is it called when you say you will do something and then you don't?  Is it lying?

What do you call it when you take money from somebody under false pretenses?  Is it fraud?

Let's see if the board moderator will actually follow this up as nobody else in BT has bothered to.  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Appalling customer service

I bet I could match your pain and raise you a truck load more. We somewhat foolishly in hindsight used BT at work for phones and internet. The ensuing mess read like a Norman Wisdom comedy, except we weren't laughing. Installation missed by moths, in correct billing - nearly a year on we still haven't got a correct bill.

Left without phone services we had to divert to mobile phones, we suffered internet outages - a problem when you run 2 busy websites. BT back tracked on a signed and confirmed order refusing to honour the promised service for the price agreed despite the signed order from them.

Even when your problems get escalated to a senior level things don't get any better. The rot is there from the top down.

Maybe all big companies are like this and you just have to accept it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Customer0

You sound like a BT Business customer, if so then you may be better posting on the BT Business forum  at http://business.forums.bt.com/

This is the BT Residential forum.

BT do not permit you to use a residential account to run a business, as its against their T&Cs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi MJones93 and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having problems while moving home. It's stressful enough without having to deal with other issues. I'll be happy to lend a hand if you're still having problems. Just send me over the details. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I am another would-be customer.
When fibre finally reached my village a few weeks ago, I ordered infinity and asked to transfer my phone number and phone service to BT from another provider. My order was accepted and a date for installation agreed.

I sat back to await installation. The first I knew of a problem was when i had a message"There is a techniocal problem with your order" When I went to the order update, I found that the order had been cancelled without any word to me. Promised phone calls from BT were not received.

When I phoned them they APPEARED very efficient. "OH the problem is that you want to retain your phone number and it will take longer to get it transferred from your current provider"

"Fair enough" I replied and was pleased to receive a new completion date.

Then today I had another call from BT (After having been promised a call l;ast Friday) "If you want to retain your present number, then we cannot complete your order"  When I replied that a change of number would be totally unacceptable because I had many people who would want to contact me on the existing number and no way of telling them all of a new one. I was told that in that case I should stay with my current provider."

WHY on earth is BT incapable of porting in an existing number (which was originally a BT one).

The result of this  ridiculous delay is that I have now told BT to keep their service - and have booked with another company for them to provide just what I want: Fibre broadband and my existing phone number..

As soon as my new arrangements have been made, I will be taking away my mobile business from BT as well. Clearly BT do not want me.

Is it because I moved from them a couple of years ago?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

An update on my awful experience with my attempt to move to BT.

I went to Plusnet. Within about 18hours of contacting them, I have had a firm date for installation of my fibre broadband together with transfer of my existing phone number (the date confirmed by current provider).

If Plusnet can transfer a number to them so quickly, why did BT fail to make any progress towards this in nearly a month? Promises from BT after the initial delay in my order of "a special team dealing with my order - and they would keep me in touch with progress" were not worth a thing.

BT try training your staff and getting your systems working properly. Talk to Plusnet (who I believe are owned by BT) and ask them how they do it!

0 Ratings