Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 27

Re: Apple devices and BT yahoo mail

Go to solution

@MarkCheshire wrote:

NO Just my PC!  The apple devices are still not sending  replys or forwards.

M

I don't know if this helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 27

Go to solution

@MarkCheshire wrote:

NO Just my PC!  The apple devices are still not sending  replys or forwards.

M

Don't know if this helps, but I don't use the iPod for sending mails, so thought I would give it a try.

In the mail setup screen on the Apple device.

Tap on your mail account

Scroll to your SMPT Server, which should be mail.btinternet.com (or server name

Tap on the Primary server.

Host Name > mail.btinternet.com (or server name)

User Name . your email address

Password > your BT password

Set authentification to Password.

Server Port 25.

There is an ambiguity in the Apple setup screen. The User name and password are NOT optional: they are imperative. Also the authentification must be set to "Password" for BT. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution

Hi

Tried that and the error response is SMTP server 'mail.btinternet.com' is not responding.  Check ..........................

If you try to send a response to an e-mail the server responds with e-mail address is ? not valid or correct ( I forget which)

Any more thoughts?

M

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

Just checked again.  1 e-mail was sent OK, then the usual error message of 'The recipient ........@........... was rejected by the server'  The e-mail address is a valid one.

M

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

@MarkCheshire wrote:

Just checked again.  1 e-mail was sent OK, then the usual error message of 'The recipient ........@........... was rejected by the server'  The e-mail address is a valid one.

M

Have you tried forwarding to yourself on your own Apple device?

bt.internet allows you to do this - or it works on mine at least.

I think it's google which does not allow this - emailing to self.

This will narrow the search for the problem a little. Also Apple seems to draw information from your contacts listing when emailing to self.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution

Hi

I have tried forwarding a message to both my bt address and my iCloud address.  Both with the same address rejection by the SMTP server.

Mark

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

SMTP mail.btinternet.com

Click on advanced

Use SSL - off

Athentication - Password

Delete from server - never

Server port - 110

S/MIME - off

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

I have changed the settings as you advise and on a very quick test I can now forward to myself at BT and iCloud.  However it rejected a forwarding to my work e-mail address.  Same rejection message as before.

I have sent a test message to that address but it went via the icloud account, with no problem.

M

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

@MarkCheshire wrote:

I have changed the settings as you advise and on a very quick test I can now forward to myself at BT and iCloud.  However it rejected a forwarding to my work e-mail address.  Same rejection message as before.

I have sent a test message to that address but it went via the icloud account, with no problem.

M

It seems that you are very nearly there, towards solving the problem. Sending email to self has isolated the causes.

I don't use icloud, having doubts about cloud computing. (If your internet upload speed is slow, then there's not much real work you can do with it.) I now have MS Office 2010, with eligibilty to upgrade to Office 2013, and the emphasis is to be on cloud computing as with Windows 8. There's not much advantage in upgrading really, except that eventually Windows 7 will be phased out, and there will be no choice in the matter. 

Have you tried disabling the icloud feature temporarily? Does the icloud feature take priority over the internet mail?

Is your work email address using the same client as your home email address? Is your work email address that of a corporate company? Is there a firewall?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution
Port 110 is POP3, not SMTP.

I'm not sure what the problem is any more...
0 Ratings