cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Application Sharing / port forwarding broken?

Go to solution

Hi,

I've got a QNAP 419 server hooked up to my HomeHub1 and I've had HTTPS / HTTP / FTP all running nicely.  For some reason all the ports now seem to be blocked.

Using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ just times out on every port.

I've even tried turning the firewall off and setting the DMZ to the QNAP server - no change...

Anyone got any ideas?!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Application Sharing / port forwarding broken?

Go to solution

OK, so the HH3 updated to .57 last night.  Something has changed too.  with the firewall off and the DMZ set to the QNAP at least I now get "non-blocking" result from canyouseeme on ports 21 and 80.

However, I still cant see the web or secure web server when tapping in the URL via DYNDNS or even my current IP address...

0 Ratings
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
with the firewall back on and the DMZ removed ports 21 and 80 are still unblocked... not sure what's going on. 😞
0 Ratings
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
I should note that I tried the HH1 again last night and I still couldn't access my server externally... so perhaps not an issue with the home hubs...
0 Ratings
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Not sure what's changed (i've not changed anything!) but the problem seems to have fixed itself!

Thanks to the IT Gods! Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I should add that the "problem" isn't really resolved, something changed that now prevents me connecting to my local server via DYNDNS / IP address from the local network.  No matter!  Access is fine on a "foreign" network (tested it from work)

0 Ratings