Did you mean: 
CrispyG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Application Sharing

Hi,

I get this error when I try and open ports for my PS3:

"Conflict

The game or application you've slected conflicts with another application () you've already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device."

How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Application Sharing

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 3 of 11

@CrispyG wrote:

Hi,

I get this error when I try and open ports for my PS3:

"Conflict

The game or application you've slected conflicts with another application () you've already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device."

How can I fix it?

Thanks.

What the Hub is not capable of is assigning port forwarding to more than 1 appliction sharing item, i.e. if you set up a new application sharing option that forwards say port 2000, and that port is already in use by another application sharing setup. When you add the new setup to the PS3 you will get a conflict because the port is already set to open via your currently assigned app share.

Solution: create all the necessary app sharing for each game, then when you want to play that game remove the app sharing option thats already assigned and apply the one for the game. In other words 1 app sharing at a time to prevent the conflict.

Confused? your not the only one...Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

geaves - from what you have just said would an option be to create a single custom application that contained all the port forwarding needed for all the games - making sure there are no overlaps in the definition. I guess it would work if there is only one gaming box off the hub but obviously not if more than one.
0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 5 of 11

@Geoff93 wrote:
geaves - from what you have just said would an option be to create a single custom application that contained all the port forwarding needed for all the games - making sure there are no overlaps in the definition. I guess it would work if there is only one gaming box off the hub but obviously not if more than one.

I did that suggest to someone, but it would need testing, personally I cant see why not, but I agree the real issue is having 2 gaming machines that require the ports opening and the fact you can only assign 1 app option to 1 box and not 2.

0 Ratings
CrispyG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I first assigned the default PlayStation 3 set by the hub, but I then made my own custom set for every game possible, however, it doesn't work.  I can only use the default set.

I have tried a factory reset (using the hole on the hub) but nothing...

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 7 of 11

@CrispyG wrote:

I first assigned the default PlayStation 3 set by the hub, but I then made my own custom set for every game possible, however, it doesn't work.  I can only use the default set.

I have tried a factory reset (using the hole on the hub) but nothing...

Ok but did you remove the default one b4 trying to assign the custom one, cos thats where the conflict is.

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Another thing - did you create your custom one by copying another or from scratch. Another poster was having problems when he created the custom one by starting with a copy of an existing one but it was resolved by creating the custom one from scratch.
0 Ratings
CrispyG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Yes, I removed the PlayStation 3 before adding my own.

Also, I created it from scratch, and I didn't clone the default set.

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 10 of 11

@CrispyG wrote:

Yes, I removed the PlayStation 3 before adding my own.

Also, I created it from scratch, and I didn't clone the default set.

Ok, did you do remove then apply, simpley removing it from the PS3 will only remove it from your view, and you have no other app sharing on any other system.

0 Ratings