Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lesjanfin
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Applying for Bt Infinity 1/ with Free BT SPORT Offer

Go to solution

Was part way through the online application,then cancelled for time being(tried with live chat at time but no joy)

My queries are with the Free 3 mths BT sport and BT Sport HD free 3 mths offers.

I want to take up this free 3 mths on both but the likelhood is I will not want it after the OFFER,when would be the optimum time to OPT out and how do i do it.( IF I SET UP ONLINE I WOULD WANT TO COMMENCE 23rd FEB2016)

SEcondly I was going to apply for the UP FRONT Line rental payment,but wanted to add the Caller ID(which I believe is FREE)if I sign up for the 12mth Advanced line rental,How do I request this,is it part of the online application.

Can you advise please.REgards. Les

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
NeilO
Message 2 of 8

Re: Applying for Bt Infinity 1/ with Free BT SPORT Offer

Go to solution

@lesjanfin are you taking out the offers with BT TV? If so the BT Sport HD is on a 30 day rolling contract so you would need to contact us 30 days in advance to tell us when you want it to stop.  

You can also add caller ID as part of your online order.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
lesjanfin
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hello Neil.

Thanks for your reply. I am hoping to apply online via the broadband choices website to select the bt infinity 1 package with weekend calls and 40 gb  monthly usage,with prepaid mastercard and Cashback incl.

The online applic Offers Bt Sport and Bt Sport HD Free for 3months then £5 and £4  respectfully.My intention is to take both of these " Free" elements,but more than likely NOT to take them up After the 3 months free.My online applic will request my new contract to commence on 23rd Feb 2016 as I am currently with Sky Bb until 22nd Feb.So on thatt basis when would be the Optimum date to give notice to cancel these elements And would I do this via any particular dept ( eg live chat, or phone our via the mods).

Also I intend to set up 12mths Advance line rental in my applic,again will this commence from the 23rd Feb 2016

Kind regards, Les.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@lesjanfin No problem, I can only estimate this as your service has not started yet. You need to give 30 days notice to cancel the BT Sport HD service so if it was to start on the 23rd Feb you would need to contact us around the 23rd of April to give enough notice.  

You didn't answer if your were going to be viewing the BT sport on BT TV? If you are going to view it on the Sky platform there is a 12 month contract with BT sport pack with the 3 month free offer (standard definition). 

To cancel you would need to speak with customer options on 0800 800 030.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
lesjanfin
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Neil. Yes I will be watching via  the sky tv platform .The bb deal is 12mths ,and this sky tv (free 3 mths ) then £5,& £4 respectfully for each element. I am assuming is  for 12mths and its this area I am trying to establish in that , am I "contracted"  to take the remaining 9 mths by paying the £5 pm OR is it "allowed" to Opt out after the 3 mths free, without penalty, and who to go through if allowed,hope that makes sense,regards, Les

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

from reading Neil's post if you take bt sport using the sky platform then you take a 12month contract at £5pm with the first 3 months free.  you then still have 9 months of your contract left at £5pm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lesjanfin
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, What I am trying to establish is that Yes I will opt to take the 3 mths FREE, am I then  tied in Having to Pay£5 pm for the remaining 9 months OR , can I opt out with notice without penalty.regards.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

and that is what I am saying when reading Neil's post  if you use the sky platform then you need to accept a 12 monthe bt sports contract at £5pm but you will get first 3 months free but you are tied to remainder of contract - 9 months paying £5 no opt out

I suppose solution is not to use the sky platform

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings