cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Applying for Trainee Openreach Engineer - What's the process

Hi everyone, I'm looking for information and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I'm looking at applying for the role of Trainee Openreach Engineer, and I was  looking for timescales for applying and, if successful, training. I have lots of questions and appreciate the time anyone takes to help me fill in the blanks.

How long does it take, approximately, to receive a video interview, assessment and, finally, job offer? 

How long, approximately, from applying, would it take to begin training (I ask this as my current notice period is three months).

I have managed to find information that says initial training at Yarnfield Park is about 3 weeks, is this accurate? If not, how long is it?

Because Stafford is a fair distance away from me (a 5 hour drive), I would have to stay local. Are there residential facilities? If so, are these covered or out of my cost, and, if not, is accomodation reimbursed?

The same source says weeks 4 through 12 are at one of several dedicated training sites, where are they located (so I can see my nearest one, in  the East Central Belt of Scotland)? And is detail of time accurate?

Many thanks to all who help! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Applying for Trainee Openreach Engineer - What's the process

this is a customer help customer forum

however try search facilty as there are similar posts  here is one https://community.bt.com/t5/The-Lounge/Trainee-Engineer-PASSED-ASSESSMENT-DAY-on-priority-list-for/t...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Applying for Trainee Openreach Engineer - What's the process

0 Ratings