cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 58

Are BT Openreach lazy ?

I'm on the worle exchange bs247jb openreach have said my box got left out but they did say they will be going back to box 25 this year I get around 1.7mbs and I can not find the green cabinet 25 any where I have found box 23,24,26 but not 25 can anyone help me find the road it's on? And dose anyone no if when fibre comes to my box what sort of speed will I get if I only get 1.7-2mbs thanks for all your help

0 Ratings
57 REPLIES 57
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 58

Are BT Openreach lazy ?

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

You can then email Openreach on nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk giving them your cabinet number, exchange,telephone number and address and they should be able to reply with the up to date information. They can take a coupe of weeks to reply.

At this stage it is not possible to say what speeds you will get but if you use the postcode check on the above checker you will get a very rough estimate. Once the cabinet is upgraded a phone number check will give a more accurate check.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 58

Re: Are BT Openreach lazy ?

He's already said he's on Cab 25
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 58

I was aware of that. I suggested he check it so that if by any chance it had been upgraded he would know about it and he could also email Openreach for an update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 58

@gg30340 wrote:

I was aware of that.

Sorry, I was confused by your reply: "If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on", which indicated that you weren't aware of that.

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 58

Not that i feel I should be explaining myself to you but if you are going to pull me up at least quote everything that was said "If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 58

I left that out to highlight the part I was concerned with where you appear not to realise the poster was already aware of which cabinet he was connected to.
--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 58

Ok guys,

Lets keep this friendly and on topic please.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 58

If Openreach did all the cabinets in an area except one, then there was probably a technical or infrastructure issue.  Perhaps there wasn't room for another cabinet, or no electricity supply nearby.

Openreach are installing FTTC to make money, not just to give you faster broadband.  So they tend to go for the easier sites first in any given region, and mop up the rest when they can.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 58

I no my cabinet number and I no how much speed I can get now max is 2MB.. I have look everywhere for cab 25 which I'm on I want to find it so I no how fare I am away from it and to see if there is any problems like that.. I no if your too fare away from the green box bt will not give you fibre all depends on what doped you can get I have heard from people the lowest bt goes is 20mb down load if u can't get that then u will not get fibre
0 Ratings