cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yeti32
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Are BT the worst company for (no) customer service in the uk?

Has anyone n here ever had a good service from BT?, so far my internet has been on and off for over 2 weeks and I have had nothing but flat out could not care less service from bt with 3 call backs not made!

They make it impossible to talk to anyone in the uk or even anyone who can understand basic english.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 14

Re: Are BT the worst company for (no) customer service in the uk?

Hi yeti32,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband and that you're not receiving the promised call backs.  I agree that when a promise is made it should be kept.  We will pick this up and help sort everything out for you.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to send over your details.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
yeti32
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

thanks for the reply, every single person i speak to is very sorry, but still they have no power to put me in touch with some one who can help or at least call when they say they will. There must and should be a way to get in contact with the same person or team when you have an on-going issue

0 Ratings
srbhvatsa
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Hi

Actually I used to work for BT India Tech Support a year back. I was in my Engg college and needed a part time job. I agree with you on the fact that call back is promised but not fulfilled.

Issue is call centres of BT in India is managed by Indian IT firms and they dont pay their employees much and take a lot of work from them also... almost 9 hours a day.
SO with little salary and lot of work, some people dwell into not working properly as they are not satisfied with job and as a result it impacts BT customers. And yes , i do agree about the basic english issues. I had my colleagues who were not able to properly speak and understand english.... It needs proper training and it is given prior to put them to work but less paying job.. hardly anyone puts efforts.

I myself is a Software Engineer in IT firm but was always glad to help UK customers during the time i served and i must say you guys are very polite and genuine. Had a lot of good experience with customers and that is why today i still  miss talking to UK people like I used to do before..
Cheers 🙂

0 Ratings
yeti32
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

thanks for the insite, the bit that most upset me was when they phoned and then when i answered hung up, twice.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

use the link as the mod has offered to help you solve your problem - they are the only BT employees on the forum and have a good reputation for getting your problem fixed.

once you complete the email following the contact us link you join a queue of other customers waiting for help all of whom consider their problem a priority hence why mods respond in order email received.  it can take 3/5 working days but they will take personal responsibility and give you one point of contact until resolution

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
yeti32
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

thanks, ive had the reply from the mod with offer to help out and get back to me in 48 hours (ish)

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

that's the standard reply but often it takes a bit longer with number requesting assistance but mods will get back to you and provide assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
srbhvatsa
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

yeah, they will do that to save themselves... they just simply hate working ...
just heard the news BT is shifting its call centres to UK only now after troubles with india call centres
It is indeed a good step by BT I must say...
0 Ratings
yeti32
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

so some one calls back from bt to say sorry the level 2 guy missed you yesterday, i will put you through now........10 mins later still on hold.

0 Ratings