Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikrt
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Are BT the worst??

Go to solution

I have been with BT for years now, with a few problems along the way, but the latest issues are driving me crazy.

It all started when I booked a new connection for a brand new house we were moving into. I was told the £130 connection fee would be waived as I was continuing my contract with them. It's on my bill and been taken.

The new phone line was not taking incoming calls (outgoing OK) so I raised a fault. Engineer came and found a wire fitted incorrectly by the installing engineer on the master socket in the loft.

The BB speed was very slow, well under what I was told @ point of sale, so I raised another fault, only to be told I had to wait 5 days for the stabilisation period to end (even though welcome email said 3 days), then the speed would settle. I explained that this was obviously not the issue as it wasn't going to magically improve afterwards was it. 

On 6th day, I recontacted, only to be told I'd been misinformed - it's actually 7 days.

On 8th day I recontacted, only to be told I'd been misinformed - it's actually 10 days. GGGRRR!

On the 11th day, I recontacted, and they said it must be my end. they convinced me to buy new microfilters - no difference. They then sent me a new Homehub 3 - no difference.

I then recontacted, to be told that oh yes, they can detect a fault on the line. Engineer was booked, he turned up, and found & fixed a fault somewhere between me and the exchange. BB speed is now as expected, after over three weeks.

Just had my latest bill and they're charging me for the engineers's visit to fix the wiring fault caused by them - £129.99, that's me out of pocket by nearly £260.   Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
DavidM
Message 2 of 8

Re: Are BT the worst??

Go to solution

Hi mikrt,

Thanks for posting. This doesn't sound good at all. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
misterleroy
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

"Are BT the worst?"

They're certainly contenders for the worlds worst after sales support. In my experience, they're fine when you don't need to contact them.... Trying to fight through the nastiest IVR I've ever experienced, no decent help or support once you're a customer (in my case, I'm barely even a customer and it's all gone 'Pete Tong'). If you're lucky enough to fluke through the IVR and speak to someone, 9 times out of 10 they have absolutely no idea what's going on, nor how to help. They'll do whatever they can to get you off the phone and a +1 to their call targets for the day. 

It's pretty terrible. 

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi misterleroy,

We have offered to help you here so if you drop us an email we'll be happy to address any issues you might have.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
mikrt
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

OK, Thanks davidM, have just done that. 

0 Ratings
billyflem
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

A resounding YES they are terrible,nothing but problems and heartache I have gave up and refuse to contact them as they are a total and utter waste of space.

I can leave in 5 months 28 days ...........yeeehaa.

0 Ratings
mikrt
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

This has now been sorted satisfactorily by BTCare team, Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
another result for the mod team glad all is resolved for you now
0 Ratings