cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 85

Re: Are HD Films & 5.1 surround sound working yet!!!

Go to solution

A Disgrace ........... is a polite term I have settled on to describe the total lack of determination on the part of BTVision to provide a service feature it first managed to role out on their old silver BTVision box ...... A Disgrace 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Automan
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 85

Go to solution

I was going to ask if recordings made from channels such as Syfy HD have dolby digital sound and I see the answer is yes but only if you keep toggling the Stereo / Surround option in the setup menu.

I do also find it hard to believe that such a bug got past any beta testing before being rolled out and that a fix is taking so long to be released (once tested of course).

EDIT: I note also if you skip through the recording (add breaks) that the sound goes back to PCM48 stereo 😞

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 85

Re: Are HD Films & 5.1 surrond sound working yet!!!

Go to solution

I have made a full description about this in my surround sound post. It actually works perfectly on the three HD sports channels (BT 1, 2 and ESPN) but fails miserably to automatically pick up the Dolby Digtal track in any other IP channels (including the HD ones), such a shame 😞

I have highlighted this internally and been told it is being worked on becuase it becomes even more apparent with the IP recording now available, as when people (as we all do) skip through the adverts in a recording it switches back to the high volume plain stereo track everytime and wakes everyone in the house up 🙂

0 Ratings
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 44 of 85

Go to solution

FWIW, the new software update came through this evening and the good news is that 5.1 dolby digital as well as dolby digital plus (not seen this until this evening) is finally through. Glad to see BT have finally solved (hopefully) the issue.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 85

Go to solution

A couple of things have improved with the new software (15.11) but also a couple of things are even more annoying. The HD sports channels seem to work correctly but the other IP channels dont select the Dolby digital track automatically as they should. Some BT Vision HD films now switch to 5.1 correctly but every other on demand content still plays in the basic stereo track and need to be switched as per the workaround. So lots more work still required on this...

P.S. It makes watching an IP channel recording (except the HD sports channels) unbearable as everytime you skip it swtches back to the louder basic stereo track.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 85

Go to solution

Is DD+ supported in any way shape or form. I thought it was just downmixed to Dolby digtal 5.1..

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 47 of 85

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your continued patience.  I am pleased to read that some of you have experienced an improvement with the surround sound issue, although I appreciate that its not fully fixed.  We have been in touch with YouView and have raised these concerns again.  YouView are aware of the problem and are still working on a full resolution for this particular issue. 

At the moment we don’t have any updates to share and I am sorry about this.   We will continue to work with YouView and will update this thread as and when we receive further info or updates.

Cheers

Sean

scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 48 of 85

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply, even though you can't give us any real information on progress at least it shows our problem has been acknowledged and who we need to pester for a fix 🙂
0 Ratings
Automan
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 85

Go to solution
Indeed, at least for me it works no better than it did before my box updated this morning...
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 50 of 85

Go to solution
I find the IP HD sports channels work well now but everything else is still as bad.
0 Ratings