Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rottie
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: Are cheap ethernet cables ok?

Go to solution

@joeyblgs wrote:

I'm impressed with this site, you're a very helpful bunch.......but lets hope I don't need to come here too often after I have Infinity installed!

Let's hope that you do indeed keep coming back, even if it's just to share some of the knowledge you have with other members. 🙂 That is, afterall, what keeps a community like this alive and thriving. 😄

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution
On the subject of Ethernet cables I got some custom made 20cm ones from the internet to go from the modem to my router and then router to my powerline adaptor. The look pretty cool and look so much more tidy!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

I don't know about the quality of ones sold on Amazon but I get 5m ones from eBay for 99p and there is nothing wrong with those in terms of build quality or reliability.

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
WOW! i don't even want to mention how much i spent on my 15m for my PS3 :S
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Steve101
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

"BT HomeHub 3 doesn't have gigabit ethernet ports "

HH3 Port 4 is a gigabit port. Cat6 cable is the standard for gigabit ports. Plug any gigabit switches into that.

0 Ratings
pepe999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

@Steve101 wrote:

"BT HomeHub 3 doesn't have gigabit ethernet ports "

HH3 Port 4 is a gigabit port. Cat6 cable is the standard for gigabit ports. Plug any gigabit switches into that.

Hi,

Yes, you are right. The fourth port is a real gigabit one. I haven't noticed that. It doesn't matter now, I have got a brand new Asus RT-N66U and it's a real wireless router! 4 gigabit ports, up to 3 separate wifi networks, etc..:-)

0 Ratings