Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozzymegan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Ariel for BT TV

Hi,

I've placed an order for BT TV and was told I wouldn't need an Ariel for this but after reading elsewhere it seems I do?

I'm only getting the box for the BT sport channels and sport content on demand that's it.

Will I need a TV Ariel to set up the box or not? And do I need the Ariel there all the time? I was told no to both of these questions when I placed the order but I'm not sure now.
It's the you view ultra HD box if that makes a difference
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
ney
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ariel for BT TV

I dont have the UHD box. I have the BT G4 box but to make full use of the Youview service you may need an arial.

Darren

0 Ratings
pablo73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I can confirm that you don't need an aerial to set up the box. When you search for channels the box will find the internet channels only. And as the BT Sport channels are internet based you're good to go. You only need the aerial for the Freeview and maybe ITV Player on initial setup
ozzymegan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Great news! Thanks 🙂
0 Ratings
ed2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

bT say ariel needed as the engineer won't /can't install he won't install it

0 Ratings
ozzymegan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the replies!

Will an indoor aerial be ok? I've tried it and it does pick up the freeview channels on my TV with a good quality picture.

Will this be ok to use for the install and then ditch the aerial once the install is done because the only thing I'm using BT TV for is BT sport and maybe some on demand content.

Any help would be great.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

There is no harm in trying an indoor aerial if it works on the TV.

0 Ratings
ozzymegan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Is this likely to work though or will I probably need an outdoor one for the install to work?
0 Ratings