Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KerryG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 11

Ask the Infinity Expert!

Hi Guys

Just want to give you a heads up that i'm going to be announcing another live discussion event on the main community - this time with some BT Infinity Experts.  I know there have been lots of posts recently around Infinity2 and it will be a chat which will attract a lot of interest!

Just wanted to let you know so you could join - it will be on Tues 15th March, and there will be a sticky on the Infinity board where you can register for an email reminder.

If there's any questions you'd like to submit to our experts in advance, feel free to post them here or PM me and we can get them lined up.

Cheers

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Ask the Infinity Expert!

15th May?????????????????

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

I'm pleased a dialogue has been set up, but as our suburb of Leeds isnt even under starters orders for Infinity, there is little that I could contribute. I habe no knowledge or experience of it.

T'other John has though.  Oh yes.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
KerryG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 4 of 11

woooops... aherm yes 15th May!  Just making sure that you were paying attention 😉

Not making you wait another year... 🙂

K

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Don't worry Kerry my fingers are known to slip occasionally 🙂
0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

I'm afraid I will be elsewhere on the 15th  - bummer

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 7 of 11

I'm not sure if the only real question I have is worthy of an expert, but here goes anyway.

When I discussed Infinity with a salesman last year they mentioned that since I have no power sockets in the same room as my master BT socket it would be £130 for an engineer to shift the master to another room. That ain't gonna happen. I'm sure there must be plenty of people in a similar situation, so is BT planning on doing anything to mitigate the cost, or at least allow it to be spread?

BT are competing with the nice man from Virgin who will just come and put a router where I want it for a moderate setup cost, so if I was desperate for fibre (which I'm not) setup costs would have to be taken into account.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@stuartrogerson wrote:

I'm afraid I will be elsewhere on the 15th  - bummer

Yes, and now we know what you'll be doing - out and about testing linear BTV channels Smiley Very Happy

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

they will change any socket to a master if you ask on install at no charge
0 Ratings
guilbo
Guru
Message 10 of 11