cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamjar62
Expert
Message 1 of 14

Asus DSL-AC68U Update

Hi All I have just updated the firmware of the Asus DSL-AC68U  and it seems to be working fine , but i just read in the update that the stability Ajustment for 2db & 3db has been updated ,should i change it from the 5db i have set at present ,what would this do ? 

JamJar62
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Asus DSL-AC68U Update

As far as I'm aware, you can't spoof the SNRM on VDSL so it doesn't matter what you set it to, it won't make any difference.

I'm assuming you have Infinity. If you are on normal broadband, then reducing it to 2dB or 3dB will increase speed but possibly reduce stability.

0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 3 of 14

okay thanks i,m on Infinity so no point  , its set on 5db and the SNR margin is 4.8db ..

JamJar62
0 Ratings
brookheather
Expert
Message 4 of 14

I have mine set on 5db as well and SNR is normally around 4.6-4.8db so I do believe it has an effect - when the 3db margin change is rolled out to the cabinets then I'm not sure whether you need to manually set this to 3db or disabled in order to take advantage of the increased data sync rate.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Not sure if has an effect or just wrongly reports the figure. Does changing it affect sync speed?

0 Ratings
brookheather
Expert
Message 6 of 14

My sync speed did increase but I also made some other changes to line settings at the same time so not sure what change was responsible - I don't want to mess around with the settings now as my line is now fast and stable.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Understand, just curious as I always thought that SNRM tweaking didn't work on VDSL.

0 Ratings
jamjar62
Expert
Message 8 of 14

Asus DSL-AC68U Firmware info

Hi All I have updated my firmware on the Asus DSL-AC68U and all was running fine for a few days ,but i have done a speed test and noticed its dropped 3mb ,so i,m wondering is it possible to go back to the old firmware ? if so is there anything you have to do ?  thanks 🙂 

JamJar62
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 9 of 14

Personally I don't know why people mess around with Stability Adjustment on Asus routers, I've always had mine disabled to no ill effect.

jamjar62
Expert
Message 10 of 14

Okay  I think mine  was set on 5db   when i set it up ,the only issue i have with it is the firmware update seems to have lowered my download speed by 3mb  😞   

JamJar62
0 Ratings