cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karentully
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

At a loss for what to do. BT error on home move request 5 months ago causing no end of trouble.

Can someone please help me? First of all I have tried to deal with the Indian team with no success. The language barrier is too much of a problem and they will not listen to what I say, instead repeating what it states on screen. Here is the problem:

On 14th April 2015 a home move request was put in from one property to the next. I received a confirmation email to that effect confirming that my home move would take effect on 1st May 2015. We plugged our router in at the new home and continued to pay our normal bill amount.

Months later we see when logging into BT.com that what has actually happened is that BT have cancelled the previous account and added £120 of charges for finishing a contract within 12 months. Our normal payments have been clearing that bill and we have somehow been piggy-backing on someone elses broadband which is still working at the new home.

The last time calling was on 26th August which I spent an hour on the phone with a nice gentleman in the home move team who FINALLY understood everything. He said that sometimes the home move requests create an error like this and he would reset the request. As a result we were owed £90 that we had paid since, which he would get refunded and a new bill would come through at the new property with no disruption to service.

This week a bailiff letter has arrived! This is for a remaining amount owed on the charges added by BT for the old property. I called today and spoke to someone in the indian team. He found no record of this call or any action happening!!!! I cannot keep going through this how do we finally get this resolved??? It is now 5 months since we moved in, I have never in my life experienced such lack of customer service or ownership for a problem.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 7

Re: At a loss for what to do. BT error on home move request 5 months ago causing no end of trouble.

Hi karentully,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry that you have had so many problems since moving home.  Your post doesn't make great reading to be perfectly honest Smiley Sad

No need to worry as we'll pick this up and help sort everything out.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to send over your details.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
karentully
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: At a loss for what to do. BT error on home move request 5 months ago causing no end of trouble.

Just an update for anyone that is interested. We got the typical "computer says no" response. Nobody acknowledged the original home move request and that BT have made an error nor the phone call I last had with someone who finally understood everything and was going to fix it. Instead I am ordered to pay the debt collector to clear a debt that is not mine before we can start at the new property. I feel sickened at the poor customer service and the numerous stories I receive from different people at BT. Having worked in the customer service industry for many years I would be embarrased and disgusted if I worked within this environment. I have replied one last time before I escalate this. I will not be made a victim for a mistake BT has made.

0 Ratings
karentully
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Over 3 days since I forwarded evidence to BT of their error but unfortunately no response or acknowledgement that anyone is looking into this. Can I get please get some re-assurance that someone is investigating this for me. I have a debt collection agency trying to obtain monies from me for your mistake. Despite a reply that was not a thorough investigation this is the only place I have been able to post something and get a response. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

When did you fill in the form as requested by RobbieMac?

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 7

Hi Karentully,

I can see that my colleague Paul dropped you an email on the 26th. If you reply to that email, Paul will get back in touch.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
karentully
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

As mentioned above I did reply to that email. I have had no confirmation or response yet

0 Ratings