cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

At last - A reason to put up with BT vison box!

As an Infinity 2 customer who was silly enough to recontract when the Discount offer was made last year (sign up for 12 months for a small discount [but lose the opportunity to get the discounted rate to buy a youview box])

I waited with increasing frustration caused by random rebooting, farcical live rewinds, unusable I-Player, random freezes and a p****d off missus for my contract to expire. At last the great day (Friday 23rd) arrived, and after only having to call 3 different help line numbers I was able to renegotiate my contract price and order a youview box for only £35 (plus delivery charge which they don't seem to mention until one has agreed to the order)

(Apart from as a money making scam, what is the logic in charging extra for delivering a product when there is no alternative? Or can I pick up a box from my local Telephone exchange?) 

Great so the new box arrives Tuesday, no biggie because I am away until Sunday lunch time and can record the shows I want .....

Today we sit down for a Sunday afternoon Catchup .... This recording failed because you don't have a Subscription ......

After another 30 minute phone call, I was told that on FRiday BT switched my delivery to the YouView system (despite knowing my new box doesn't arrive until Tuesday) so I lost access to HD channels such as BBC, ITV, Ch4, 5 etc because they are "free to view" but my new subscription doesn't include them until I pay for the HD bolt-on?

Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: At last - A reason to put up with BT vison box!

Surely you could still record them in SD util the YouView box arrives?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

If some one had bothered to tell me, I would have done so but I was assured by the help desk that there would be no change to the Channels available to me, and there was no indication in the program guide when I set up the recrdings that the channels were no longer available!

Other threads in this forum indicate that Channel 101 - BBC1 HD is delivered to YouView boxes by aerial, not Broadband?

see https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Some-but-not-all-HD-channels/td-p/1543609

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

That is correct, the Freview HD channels come down the aerial.

I hope you do have a good TV signal, as you will need that for YouView

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

So why is it showing the bTV symbol?PA250950.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

You are still using the old Vision+ box, and BT have changed your package ready for YouView, so your subscription has been cancelled.

Once you get your Youview box, and scan for channels, you will see all of the Freeview HD channels. Other channels that you have subscibed to, should also appear once they have been activated, they will be delivered over broadband.

I have a purchased YouView box, and are not subscribed to BT Vision. I see all of the normal channels, plus all of the FreeView HD channels, as I am not interested in the BT content.

0 Ratings