cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pixotic
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

At my wits end trying to get an ISP-side issue resolved.

Hi there, I'll try to keep this succinct and rant-free, but this has been a frustrating matter to try and deal with.

On 20th August, I placed an upgrade order to the BT Infinity 2 package, my activation email stated a go-live date for broadband of 7th Sept. The connection upgrade did not happen at this time, I was not notified, and I only learned about the delay when I called BT to enquire. I was given a date of 16th September for the connection upgrade to go live.

The 16th came and went with no activation, so on the 17th I called BT again, and was informed over the phone that the issue was on BT's end, and they would send an engineer out on the 21st.

The engineer visited my property and informed me there was an old piece of BT hardware between the street and my wall socket that should have been bypassed by BT a while ago, and that he had done so for me now. At this time, my speed was still at ~13Mbps, so he went out to the local exchange and also checked the internal routing information for my connection.

He informed me that even though at this time my account status on the BT website showed that my Infinity 2 connection was active, the upgrade order had never actually been worked, and that my best course of action would be to call in and notify the helpdesk of this fact.

I called in after he left, on the morning of the 21st, and was informed that my Infinity connection was active (I advised the phone rep that it wasn't and relayed the information the engineer had given me) and that I needed to wait 48 hours for my 'new connection' to settle. I would receive a callback on Thursday to confirm that my 'new connection' was working as intended.

No call back received, it is now 6:30pm and I'm sitting talking in livechat to a rep who is seemingly unable to deviate from his script or acknowledge the information I'm trying to give him to help resolve my issue.

Can I please get some guidance on how to get my issue routed to the appropriate team? I'm getting nowhere dealing with the standard phone/helpdesk reps and I'm now about to receive a bill for a service I'm not receiving.

Thanks in advance (I hope)

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: At my wits end trying to get an ISP-side issue resolved.

See if mods who are BT employees can help. They will post a link

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 6

Hi Pixotic, 

Welcome and thanks for posting. 

It sounds as if something is amiss with your order to upgrade to Infinity 2. 

If you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile I can take a look and get your upgrade done properly. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Pixotic
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi Olga,

Form filled and submitted. If you get this sorted for me I'll probably end up naming my first born after you 🙂 Or, y'know, be exceedingly grateful.

Good luck!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

After you submit email you join a queue of others waiting for mods help Ho all consider their problem a priority hence why mods reply in order email received. This can take up to 3/5 working days but they will take personal responsibility until resolved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hi Pixotic, 

Smiley Very Happy 

A thank you will be enough! 

OlgaC 

0 Ratings