cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

At my wits end with Infinity issue - how do I get to speak with a UK team pref an engineer ?

Go to solution

First post out of absolute frustration being dealt with via default process

3 weeks ago, my Infinity 2 started to play up. Router cycling round, very intermittent service. Phone line having fault characteristics - noisy line etc.

2 engineers visits later, 2 x TDR testing, showing problems between local cab and local exchange. Now into my 4th week of intermittent service, which when it's there is between 1 & 2Mb to the router. There's clearly a problem, and engineer established that is was in the BT network.

Have been calling the fault number provided nearly every night, only to be given different info each time, and tonight I completely lost it when they suggested I go through the basic line testing, taking off the front of the main wall socket etc etc.

The online fault page is showing a problem in the exchange, which is fine, but it surely doesn't take weeks to fix ? Have threatened to go to the exchange and not move until its sorted - haven't done this yet, and not really intending to, but it's getting closer.

What would help is being able to speak to a local engineer and not go through the offshore call centre 'firewall' to get speaking to someone who knows exactly what the problem is and when it's going to be fixed.

Surely it cant be that difficult, can it ? Does anyone know a UK number I can use to escalate to a satisfactory resolution ? 

Thanks

SWS

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: At my wits end with Infinity issue - how do I get to speak with a UK team pref an engineer ?

Go to solution
some problems can take a very long time to fix depending on it complexity
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 15

Re: At my wits end with Infinity issue - how do I get to speak with a UK team pref an engineer ?

Go to solution

Ist, Is the line still noisy? Do a quiet line test with a corded phone. 17070 option 2. It should be silent.

If there's any hissing crackling etc it needs reporting as a phone line fault without mentioning broadband. A line engineer will then be tasked to sort it out.

2nd, if you have an HH5 can you post the stats, lines 1-12 from troubleshooting/helpdesk from the hubs web interface.

There is no UK phone number for you to contact directly but once you've done the above we can see about getting a mod to help you out. They are UK based and will deal with you directly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks, now being told 24-48 hours to fix after I raised a formal complaint. BT wholesale have been mentioned, which makes me wonder even more what's going on. A fix of over 3 weeks just isn't acceptable by any standard. Simply not acceptable at all.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
It sounds like a major fault if Wholesale are involved that could involve new equipment being installed hence a delay
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Problem supposedly resolved according to call I had from offshore call centre. No longer a trouble ticket on the broadband service from what I can see online. All good news hopefully, but bandwidth is absolutely shocking - 1 to 2Mb tops. Used to be getting 32Mb , occasionally up to 40Mb. Probably need to give it some time, but they'll be getting more calls if the old bandwidth doesnt return.

Still don't understand why Wholesale would be involved for just my service - no one else in our village has been impacted. Doesn't make any sense, and on-one will tell me the details.

Thank for all the replies on this. Guess it can be closed down for the mo.

SWS 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
most like a more wide area problem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

and the problem has continued. Broadband deteriorated after problem resolution to the point it was up and down like a ......... etc where router was cycling round every 5 mins or so, losing connectivity and then re-establishing the link.

On dialling the offshore call centre to raise yet another trouble ticket, line was very noisy initially, and I assumed this was why the BB was so bad. Call centre conducted a line test, and hey presto after completion, no BB issues, and stable service for at least 7 hours. No sign of dropping out, and bandwidth near the max its ever been.

Explain that one if you can ? Got me baffled.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

WEIRD OBSERVATION At my wits end with Infinity issue

Go to solution

Now stable overnight, and no drop out. Bandwidth could be better, but poss down to time of day. Relieved 

How could a line test clear the line of problems that were definitely there ?? Weird

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Re: WEIRD OBSERVATION At my wits end with Infinity issue

Go to solution

Spoke too soon. Back to dropping out - sometimes every 5 mins, but inconsistent throughout the day. 

Still no explanation or logic why the line test cleared the problem initially - over 15 hours of problem free connectivity, then the decline into an unusable service. Just what is going on ? When Infinity was first installed, I had no problem at all for months on end.

What the heck is likely to be going on here. Delivery of a service such as this can't be that difficult.

Very very frustrated and increasingly annoyed. Totally unacceptable that 4 weeks since the service first went down, I'm back in the same place.

SWS

0 Ratings