Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: WEIRD OBSERVATION At my wits end with Infinity issue

Go to solution

You never mentioned if you'd conducted the quiet line test and what the result was.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

The saga continues....

Line engineer visited, and established the line was clear. All positive, but a faulty line was what triggered the initial problem, so logic would dictate that - line problem solved, therefore broadband must revert to how it was functioning before. But No, standard definition of logic doesn't apply.

What I have observed is that making a call to offshore call centre, and requesting them do whatever diagnostics they can remotely do, restabilises the broadband for a decent period - has been a min of 12 hrs. However, after this time, the service degrades and I'm back to square one. Powering off my router doesn't seem to have the same positive effect.

This is all beyond a joke now. I'm left with an Infinity 2 service that I'm paying for, with a service that is just so poor it's pretty much unusable.

Very very frustrated.

SWS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Quiet line test passed OK, though a faulty line that TDR tested with a couple of events between the local cab and exchange was the original problem that took the broadband down 4 weeks ago

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Last week, was visited by a broadband engineer, who was fastidious in his approach and was determined to get to the root of my problem. Spent upwards of 5 hours checking every point of the network between the house and local cab. Problem eventuially located - squirrels has chewed through cable from roadside tgraph post to the house. It wasn't completely broken, but enough to destablilise the service. Cable was replaced very efficiently by local cherry picker team, and everything came back up. SORTED ! - 5 weeks after the intial issue.

Two conclusions :

1. I got a 'live' insight into the way the field problem teams are managed. All targetted on closing down problems and ticking the box - even though the background problem may not have been fully resolved. Their managers are driven by numbers, and engineers are rewarded for rapid box ticking. Thank God the guy they sent out didn't subscribe to this principle - he got numerous calls from his boss, encourgaing him to close off the job and move on.

2. The offshore call centre process and experience is very broken. BT needs to address this with some urgency. Customer service should be central to any review. Currently this is the last thing this processed is focused on.

SWS 

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Shsss, don`t tell everybody Smiley Wink

0 Ratings