cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwalsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

At my wits end

We were sold an upgrade to Fiber back in July last year and things were okay until serious issues started arising as of the 5th of November. Since then we have had no broadband for at least 10-20 days a month. BT would send an engineer out - and the service would come back for a day or two and then stop again. Every time the fault has been at the green box/exchange. I reported the latest fault on Friday 27th Jan and have heard nothing since the engineer confirmed that it was again a fault with the fiber port at the green box. After calling BT again to cancel my contract - they have now told me that the fault won't be looked at until the 6th of Feb and they will have to charge me a £300+ cancellation fee. I am outraged as they have been in breach of their contract since 5/11/16 and to then charge the other party a cancellation fee is just a joke. I have made so many complaints to them and often spend more than 2-4 hours a day talking to the BT faults team. Can anyone give me advice on how to deal with this? I work from home so all this is also affecting my work!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: At my wits end

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Jwalsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you - I have spoken to the faults team again who tell me that the Engineers have confirmed that they don't have any spare Fibre ports and I am now on a waiting list. They are just not putting this in writing on the system! So I now need to wait until 6th Feb. Why did I ever fall for the Fibre Sales Pitch from BT?!!!!
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Jwalsh and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with the connection. I'll be happy to take a look at this and try to find out what's happening. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Jwalsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi David- just messaged you. Sorry new to this forum and also using my phone as have no access to broadband so apologies if I haven't used the link correctly. I await your advices - I am getting immense pressure from work on a project due on Monday and the delay in broadband since November is causing bigger personal/professional issues than BT can imagine. Sitting in a cafe with a confidential project trying to access the cafe's wifi is not something I feel comfortable doing on a nearly daily basis and goes against my company's internet policy.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

The moderators can only deal with issues via the "contact the mods"  link. If you are using a mobile, then you need to view the full version of the forum, not the mobile version.

Once you complete the form, you will receive an enquiry number, which means that you are in the moderators` queue.

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until any issues are resolved.

As the moderators work different shifts, it quite possible you will be contacted by a different moderator, but it will always come from the normal BT 0800 number, so be aware of the many scam phone calls that are doing the rounds.

0 Ratings
Jwalsh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thank you Keith - I have received an enquiry number so hoping to get this resolved before next week.
0 Ratings