cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gr1ff
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

At what point do you shoot yourself in the face?

I ask that because at the moment it sounds a like more pleasant than listening to BT's hold music.

Two weeks ago I spoke to a customer service manager with regards to a complaint. He assured me it would be passed on to high level complaints and I would "definately" recieve a call back last week.

Suffice to say that call never happened so I've called back today for an update. The first gentleman seemed more interested in arguing with me than anything else and insisted there was no need for high level complaints as he could "fix anything" himself. Finally he passed me onto a manager who confirmed my previous complaint was passed onto high level complaints and he'd put me on hold while he found out what was happening -

IMAG0396.jpg

I've been on hold now for 15 minutes and the call time has gone past 30. Should I sit here and contemplate shooting harming myself or should I cut my losses and hang up?

6 REPLIES 6
Gr1ff
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: At what point do you shoot yourself in the face?

After 20+ minutes on hold the music has stopped. That's some relief but I've now been on the phone for 40 minutes and no-one seems bothered about helping me.

IMAG0397.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

The worst I've ever had from BT was just short of 3.5 hours and I didn't get to speak to anyone

(called at 2150, listened to the hold music (on speaker phone) to give up and end the call. Redialled - turned out the call centre I was put through to closed at 2200:()

So know exactly how you're feeling.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Gr1ff
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

After 42 minutes I was cut off!

I've subsequently called back and someone in the UK asnwered. What sweet relief! He actually sounded interested in me as a paying customer, was happy to give me his full name, a reference number and personally assured me his manager would call me back. He was that helpful I'm happy to take his word for it so I'll see if I do get a call.

Advice for any current or potential BT customer. Avoid the foreign call centre like the plague. Call back a dozen times if necessary and speak to someone in the UK. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 7

Re: Offer of help

Hi Gr1ff,

Let us know how you get on, and if you still have trouble getting your query sorted feel free to send us email (if you haven't already). Our "Contact us" link is available on my profile page under "About me".

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

@Gr1ff wrote:

After 42 minutes I was cut off!

The jargon for that is Level 42. There's an 80s jazz-funk fan in Bangalore.

Advice for any current or potential BT customer. Avoid the foreign call centre like the plague. Call back a dozen times if necessary and speak to someone in the UK.

True, but the plague is easier to avoid if you have a problem. Maybe better to put up with one call then post here. You may get an answer or you may have to contact the mods. But they are mustard, as you'll discover if you need to take up StephanieG's offer.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
thecollecter
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I like your title. I can totally relate.

0 Ratings