Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennyb1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

At wits end - need help with debit on my account

Go to solution

Please please somebody help me. I have tried your call centre and did not understand a word I was told. I tried live chat and they did not help me either.  My account is showing £90 in debit and you want to increase my monthly direct debit from £43 to £64 and I do not understand why. My other half says if I pay off the £90 then the next quarter I will have overpaid.

Is there an email address I could contact somebody please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
PaddyB
Message 2 of 4

Re: At wits end - need help with debit on my account

Go to solution

Hi Jennyb1,

Welcome to the community forum. Going by the details in your post, it sounds like you have been set up on the Monthly Payment Plan. If your recent statement is showing a debit balance, this would like mean that your monthly payment amount has been set to low resulting in a debit balance. Your Monthly payment amount has been reassessed and increased to reduce that debit balance. Once the debit amount has been cleared you monthly payment amount will reduce back down again.

If you take a look at What is a Monthly Payment Plan? it will explain how the Monthly Payment Plan works.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Jennyb1
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you. There has been a debit on my account since December 2014 (I cannot see bills beyond that date).

I agreed the monthly amount when I took up the Broadband a year ago, obviously this was not enough to cover the rental and the broadband?! I make no calls or very few calls per quarter (the maximum one quarter was £6).

Struggling to see how it has got up to £90 and why this was not picked up earlier.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Jennyb1,

Thanks for confirming that. You’ve mentioned ‘I agreed the monthly amount when I took up the Broadband a year ago, obviously this was not enough to cover the rental and the broadband?’ which I think is where the debit balance has crept up over the year. So, if you pay off the £90 and increase the payments to cover the full rental you shouldn’t have any further problems.

Cheers

David