Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Attachments Help Please

Go to solution

I'm not sure this is a BT issue but I'm hoping some kind person will be able to help me.

PDF attachments with incoming emails are all opening in Word which is 'converting' them so the documents are altered & don't look right. I'd just like to open them all in the format that was working until about a week ago - which was PDF. It was absolutely fine for me.

I think I may have altered a setting that is causing this problem but can't see what it was or how to resolve it.  I haven't removed Adobe or anything.

I'd be grateful for any advice you can offer.

Thank you

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Attachments Help Please

Go to solution

How are you collecting your mail? Are you using a web browser such as Firefox or Interner Explorer or a mail program such as Thunderbird?

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Go to Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program > select .PDF and click on Change Program select Adobe reader.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you go to Start > Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a File Type or Protocol with specific program > scroll down and to PDF and check that it is associated with Adobe.

If it not highlight it and then click on the change program button at the top. It should give Adobe as the recommended program.

If not click on browse and find the Adobe folder then click on it and look for Acrobat Reader, click on that and find the Reader file, click on that then click on the AcroRd icon and save.

This should now open PDF files in Adobe Reader.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

THANK YOU Cat Very Happy liquorice & GG I followed your detailed instructions GG and it's all fine now.

PS Liquorice - I'm still using webmail with a windows live as a reserve facility - mostly because of all the historical  information in my folders.

0 Ratings