Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flags
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Audio Description ... Duh !

Just a friendly word of warning.

This foolish correspondent somehow managed to switch on the "audio description" function of his YouView humax box. Don't know what that is ? Neither did I until tonight.

I'm assuming it's for blind and partially sighted viewers. It's a man's voice, he describes what's happening on screen, he fits it in between the regular dialogue.

Anyway, I sat through "the hour" on bbc hd with this wee man describing everything in detail eg "Bill comes in comes into the room and picks up a book" or "brenda turns on the light and finds a necklace on the table" ..... And im thinking, wow, the hour really has lost the plot this time. It's so arty farty.

It's only when i got 45 mins into "secret state" that i finally realised that i'd mucked the box up with my footering about.

So ... Be warned ... Your box has a great new function ! Just be careful you don't switch it on by accident or you'll feel as much a fool as i do !
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
JonWill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Audio Description ... Duh !

This keeps on happening to me too - and it is bizarre! There must be a shortcut on the remote to enable- anyone have any idea what it is, and how to turn it off from the remote or diable it permanently?

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

It's the button on the bottom left with AD on it

0 Ratings
JonWill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Ah... thanks!  New it msut be something simple!

0 Ratings
inkdchick
Message 5 of 5

thank you so much for this help i have had problems with this too and so pleased i can actually now watch something in peace , thanks guys

0 Ratings