cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Audio and Video quality so poor.....Online.

Hi all.

The actual picture quality looks very good untill it goes into motion and it is so jerky that i begin too get a headache and feel sick 😞

Also the audio is about 10 seconds in front of the video, which actualy makes it unwatchable, as i know when a goal has been scored before i get too see it.....ridiculous.

Does anyone else have the same probs. And anybody have any solutions to the Audio part of this problem.

Been trying to ring BT but no joy.

Cracked by BT again.

I am using Chrome web browser as IE is **bleep**. My downlooad speed is about 20mbs and am NOT on fibre. Vista.

Cheers peeps.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: Audio and Video quality so poor.....Online.

Hi

I now can not get anything at all except.....Unable to playback video. err: VC025

So i do as it says at the bottom of the page.....Need help with the live video player? Click here  done what it says to do with this problem numerous time, to no avail.

Sick and tired with BT, why did i go back to them.....Because they told me that i could get the sports on TV with the Youview box, which turns out to be a lie unless you are on infinity (fibre) and am not and they knew this all along. MISSELLING springs to mind.

And now this, they just haven't got a clue.

So think i will have to demand a Visioin+ box but will keep my Youview box as it is the better of the two. Will see what they say when or if i ever get to stay on long enough to talk to anyone.

Umm.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 15

You might check your Silverlight settings and experiment with hardware acceleration on or off to see if either setting works better   

[img]enter image description here

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

thanks mate will give it a look

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

@Zulu17

Just went on to BT sports 1 again and the error code had gone and was able to watch again.

So i just done as you said but sadly made no difference to the picture qaulity but more importantly the Audio is still way out of sync.

Cheers anyhow mate

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Seems to me that your video is lagging behind the audio - so the problem is likely to be how the video is handled -- how powerful is the PC - just wondering whether your broadband is such that you get the highest quality Silverlight steam but maybe you PC and/or video card isn't upto the job of processing the video quickly enough.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

I doubt that it is a hardware problem as I dont get the video lag on Sky Go

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

@zulu17

02-08-2013 17-20-35.jpg

02-08-2013 17-21-07.jpg

don't know if this helps mate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

It would be nice if we could get an official BT response to this as it definitely is not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 15

@sav

Are you using wireless or wired connection to the hub and if wireless have you tried wired correction to see if performance is better.

Also is there a different PC that can be tried on your broadband to see if that performs the same or better.

0 Ratings