Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Auto-Connect to Wifi

Go to solution

I used to have an iPhone 6.  Every time I was in the vicinity of BT Wi-fi it would auto-connect and I had my phone configured to give me a notification when this happened. 

A few weeks ago I upgraded to the 6S.  The iCloud restore meant that all the apps were downloaded for me, including BT Mobile and BT Wi-fi.  Although the BT Mobile app worked ok once I'd completed the set-up, the BT Wi-fi app would not accept my password or complete the set-up.  I have subsequently deleted and re-installed both apps manually and this has resolved the issue with signing into BT Wi-fi. 

The issue I am now left with is that my phone does not seem to auto-connect anymore.  I have stood right outside a BTOpenzone venue, and yet still had to manually go in and connect it via Settings/Wi-Fi.  In this case, it was a BTOpenzone-B.  

Anyone out there with any ideas what setting I need to change to get my auto-connect back please?  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
mike-l
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Auto-Connect to Wifi

Go to solution

Shady, shame your new phone is having a teething problem or two. You should try the online chat service. Those guys are so clued up they leave other help desks in their dust. I personally have gained such an insight to them after hours and hours of i terchange I feel well qualified to be able to judge their effectiveness. Good luck old boy. Go team.

0 Ratings
RedGT
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Have you tried resetting network connections on iPhone, sometimes that resolves connection issues but beware you will have to re enter any saved wifi passwords.
0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you.  I think that is more aligned to the mobile network connections than wifi.  The last time I was connected to a hotspot I went in and "forgot" the network, and then re-added it, also making sure the auto-connect options were switched on (they were), so will now see if that makes a difference. 

I did LiveChat with support and they also called me, but they hadn't heard of any partocular issues common to iPhone 6S so I suspect I just need to keep tinkering.  

0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I think I have resolved this.  It seems that transitioning from one iPhone to the next and using the iCloud back-up to restore all apps to the "new phone" is not completely flawless when it comes to the BT Wi-fi app.  

In this case I removed both apps (wifi and mobile), and installed them fresh from the app store.  This appears to have resolved the issue as my phone auto-connected today.