Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
couplands
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Automate BT FON login on Windows 7

Hi,

As per the title, is there a way to automate the BT FON login on Windows 7 (i.e the equivalent of the BT FON app on Android or iPhones etc)..?

Cheers

Simon

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Automate BT FON login on Windows 7

Click the wifi icon (like pan pipes) in the notification area > Select BT Fon and check Connect automatically then Connect > click wifi icon again > Open Network and Sharing Centre > Manage wireless networks > select the BT Fon entry > click Move up > repeat until it's at the top of the list. (Or you can just drag and drop it, I think.) 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
couplands
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, I can get connected to BT FON hotspots just fine, but then I need to enter my username/password to connect to the Internet. It's that part I'd like to automate.

Any ideas..?

Cheers

Simon 

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@couplands wrote:

Thanks, I can get connected to BT FON hotspots just fine, but then I need to enter my username/password to connect to the Internet. It's that part I'd like to automate. 

Sorry I didn't get that point, and to be honest would have guessed that it couldn't be done. I tried it myself though, and was surprised that my log-in information was retained; even after rebooting, the computer would connect automatically to my own hotspot. However, there is another BT WiFi hotspot in range of my hub and connecting to that brought up the landing page; but if I then choose the other one as default it will also subsequently connect automatically.

If that experiment is representative, the answer seems to be that you can log in automatically but can't port the details to another hotspot.

(By the way I've amended my previous post to clarify that you need to check "Connect automatically" before "Connect" to get the hotspot into your Windows list of connections, though I assume you would have done that.) 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
couplands
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the response...Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Kendoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi couplands. Not sure if you pick this up but I use KeePass on Windows 7 and it works like a macro. Just hold down ctrl+alt+a and it fills in the login form and hits enter on the landing page. Good luck.
0 Ratings