Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomchik
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Automatic ADSL upgrade?

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been with BT broadband for some years but only recently obtained an IPTV service in addition to BT vision. The use of both services plus any other PCs when operating pushes the line to the limiit and at some peak periods causes stoppages and errors. I usually get an average of 4 MB/s

When I had an email to say that the local exchange was to be upgraded to 21CN I thought my problems would be solved. Just to be on the safe side I scoured the forums to read about other members experiences of exchange upgrades. The best solution appeared to be to call BT sales and re-new my contract.

I did this and explained that I wished to be upgraded to the faster ADSL2 service having been informed that my line could support up to 14 Mb/s. I presume that I was on ADSL1  which is the older up to 8 MB/s service. The bottom line on this is that I have a small increase in speed and the line is configured to 8 MB/s with the hub showing modulation as G 992.1. The Broadband re-configuration was carried out the day before the exchange cut-over and so I have not benefited from what should have been a doubling of speed.

Can anyone advise on my best course of action from here?

Many Thanks. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Automatic ADSL upgrade?

Go to solution

welcome to the forum

in order to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results .

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

it may be that you will need mod assistance but stats first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tomchik
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hello again,

Thanks for such a fast response. I put the figures into some of the on-line estimators and they come out with about 12-14 MB/s. I am approx. 2.2 Km from Molesey exchange. I did a reset since last week as you can see from the connection time.Here are the Hub V2.0 stats:-

Line state Connected
Connection time 1 day, 9:57:42
Downstream 8,064 Kbps
Upstream 448 Kbps

ADSL settingsVPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.1
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 11.3 dB / 26.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 31.0 dB / 17.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 19.8 dBm / 11.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 0
Loss of Signal (Local) 0
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 27908 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 1038 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local) 321

Kind Regards

Tom Twynam

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

you are still on adslmax with your modulation of 992.1.  If you have read the other forum posts you will see that it is a phased rollout at the exchange of 21CN and not everyone is done at the same time. Some people do appear to get missed though.

you can emailing the mods and see if they can help  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tomchik
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi,

I think it would be better if BT made it clear in their email how the roll out takes place.

I will contact the mods as you have suggested.

Thanks for you prompt attention once again. 

Best Regards

TT 

0 Ratings