cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Keeping-up
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Automatic power save on hub 3 - does it actually happen?

Go to solution
Well, to quote Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it". Today it has started working, all by itself. I noticed straight away this morning that the lights were slightly dimmed, and sure enough when I switched on the PC they got brighter. They've never done that before.

I see the HomeHub was busy last night because my connection time is shown as just a few hours and I have switched from "fast" to "interleaved" operation since yesterday, although it is still using the same firmware version.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

And how's your neighbours?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Keeping-up
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

They're away from home for a couple of days, I'll ask them when they come back.

0 Ratings
userbobby
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

I have, today, received and installed the Hub 3 with the same results as described above. I hope the power saving will start working after some days. I can also pull the mains plug on the Hub 3.

0 Ratings
chuffer
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Just to add my 2 penn'orth. I too installed Home Hub 3 yesterday and the automatic powersave is not working. Upon contacting the Helpline by phone (the chatline was useless, is this normal?) I was told that the firmware has been updated and the automatic powersave feature has been disabled. I was told that this is because there have been too many instances of the hub not coming back to life from the sleeping mode, when needed.

The guy apologised that the User Guide didn't reflect the new non-featured hub 3 and will pass it on.....

Being a sceptic (does it show?) I've no idea if this is true.

0 Ratings