Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilith
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Awful experience with BT - LIES LIES AND MORE **bleep** LIES

Go to solution

In December 2011 I received an email from BT stating that my monthly DD would be increased from £30 to £45.  I telephoned and spoke to the Indian call centre...................I was told that the reason the DD was going up was that I was on a "standard rolling contract".  I decided that I would leave and asked to be put through to termination............... the male started offering me "sweeteners" to stay with BT, I finally agreed to half price broadband for 6 months, evening & weekend calls together with - this is the important bit-  FREE CALLS TO 0844, 0845 & 0970 NUMBERS!

Was quite happy about that............ so happy to stay.

Fast forward to September this year........... I thought I had had my mobile phone stolen at a wedding venue and when I got home, I called my mobile provider & insurance company - BOTH 0844 numbers.  A friend called me the following day to say my phone was in her car.  As she was picking me up I quickly called mobile provider & insurers to unblock phone & cancel claim.  I had to make a number of calls to my mobile provider over the weekend due to the fact they hadnt unblocked properly, but I didnt worry as I thought "thats okay the calls are free"!!

October when the bill arrives............. I see I'm charged for all the 0844 numbers, I call BT, yes its India again told by a male with a very thick Indian accent that I would be reimbursed.  Today comes...............still no sign of the refund & I call again, still the India call centre who inform me no they wont refund and they cant find any record of the call, I then try the online facility and speak to someone.................... after checking a few things...........I seem to be getting somewhere................. he assures me that he will refund the costs of the 0845 calls and he aqtually admits that BT have lied to keep me as a customerSmiley Surprised................... he informs me that I should call the accounts department and he will inform them to refund me.......................... I call accounts who state that no they will not refund the call costs....................I am lying.

Further calls to various managers.....................have left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth................ I have been mislead by BT and will not renew............... I'd sooner go to Sky even with the increased line rental charges......................... after over 25yrs with BT and I'm treated like dirt by BT employees....................I've requested my bank claws back the DD and I will pay my usual payment manually with extra for calls to mobiles I do admit to............ but pay for the 0844 numbers when I was told they were free.................. I WILL NOT!!

Looks like its bye bye BT shant miss you one bit....................... total disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
DavidM
Message 2 of 17

Re: Awful experience with BT - LIES LIES AND MORE **bleep** LIES

Go to solution
Hi Lilith,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’re had such a bad experience. I’ll be happy to look into that for you. Drop me an email with the details. You’ll find the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David
Lilith
Beginner
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Have emailed you David and hope you or someone equally competent can assist on this.  

0 Ratings
Lilith
Beginner
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Amazing.................. still no response from BTSmiley Mad

I have paid my bill over the telephone on Sunday 21/10................. MINUS the charges I am NOT prepared to pay as I was informed that they were included with the call package.

I have not been given the courtesy of an email, or telephone call to sort this out.

Obviously BT dont want to keep me as a customer!?Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
Hi it can take up to 3 working days for the mod team to reply to you as all emails received by them are dealt with personally and strictly in turn they do take personal ownership of problems until resolved
0 Ratings
Lilith
Beginner
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

After speaking to the forum team...................... all sorted out now satisfactorily

many thanks

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
I am pleased all is now sorted for you
0 Ratings
FedupwithYou
Beginner
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Well I was a bt customer who was once happy ish. I moved house and brought bt with me to new house , had nothing but problems , broadband crashing repeatedly, gave them chance after chance to fix then got fed up with them disrupting my work and income and said I'm leaving , technical said they could fix it in 48 hours promise , 3 days later I spoke to the tech manager and he agrees they had failed in every way to provide me with a decent service so he agreed I would not be billed the cancellation charges that they threatened me with when I wanted to leave , yes threatened even though they were breaching their own service promises ,   Guess what guys ......    Yeah they then fraudulently thieves 400+ pounds from my account and I caught this now they lost records of this managers agreement and referred to a debt agency also now affecting my credit .....     This firm are liars and thieves and possess the collective morals of sewer rats , after I have not received one communication from them about  chasing me for these fees that their elusive management agreed to waive due to their complete failure !!!!     And yes I am completely genuine and yes I am now very happy with virgin but still cannot get rid of the albatross round my neck that is BT !!!!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
@ FedupwithYou this post was satisfactorily sorted out for the poster By the forum moderators I would suggest you contact them your self and see if they can also help you
0 Ratings
amciak
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

FedupwithYou, I have a very similar situation - BT lied to me, taken money from my account and...lost any record about it. The debt recovery is chasing me and BT forum admin keeps being very rude to me.

0 Ratings