cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chaoss
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Awful upload speed help

Before I start I will say I'm on the BT Buisiness package but the buisiness forums are dead so figured I'd get a better response here. My connection activated today and I was wondering if someone could take a look at these stats and tell me if they are good/right.

I'm only getting just a touch over 1meg on Speedtest.net and should be able to get 2.5meg

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 09:14:05
Downstream:18.37 Mbps
Upstream:1.137 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):6.9 dB / 6.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):24.5 dB / 13.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.0 dBm / 11.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):57006 / 146
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):16285 / 97
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):

20239 / 48

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Awful upload speed help

That is the limit for G.992.5 Annex A.

You need to be on G.992.5 Annex M  Which is normally available to business users.

But I do not know whether BT offers that option. You would have to ask the BT Business Sales Team, or account manager, if you have one.

See this thread http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/Upload-Speed-Annex-M/td-p/45510

Highlighted
Chaoss
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Well BT Buisiness Sales team can see it but don't have access to my account but technical do... however when I get put through to them they don't know wgat I'm talking about and neither does the manager. My friend who has it said he got one of the forum mods to do it/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

then you need to contact the mods on the business forum not the residential forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@Chaoss wrote:

Well BT Buisiness Sales team can see it but don't have access to my account but technical do... however when I get put through to them they don't know wgat I'm talking about and neither does the manager. My friend who has it said he got one of the forum mods to do it/

I suggest that you contact one of the forum mods on the business forum, and they should be able to help, or at least put you in touch with the  right department.

0 Ratings