cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evenpete
Message 1 of 2

B.T. Billing.....what a joke!

I have signed up to BT Vision back in October10 where the nice salesman told me for the package i was having (phone, broadband and tv) I would be paying £51 a month based on my previous phone usage (this figure was worked out for 3 months in advance). After a few initial teething problems all went well until after 3 months BT then tell me my payments were jumping to £88.50 a month without any explanation (my phone usage had not changed in any way during this time). Another 3 months pass, where in the meantime I had paid BT a total of £265.50 but my bill says I only owed them £151.51 so I was in credit by £113.99. BT still wanted to carry on charging me £88.50 even though that was way over what I should be paying. After cancelling the direct debit ( which was an arduous process over the phone talking with their overseas billing department) I have now received a bill for £50+ .....where has my £113.99 credit disappeared?....wits end?....tearing my hair out?....pulling teeth?...all could be used to describe the BT billing experience. The scary thing is BT would of quite happily carried on taking £88.50 out of my account every month and not done a thing.....but if i wasn't paying enough they would be quick to up my payments. Also they are sitting on my £113....along with doubtless other customers overpayments and getting a nice little bit of interest off it. Unfortunately I am tied into an 18 month contract with them and whilst I cant fault the services they provide (although my broadband usage goes near my 40 GB limit which astounds me because we only use the internet for the usual things e mails you tube etc. but thas another forum issue!) i would quite happily just get a freesat box and another internet provider because it seems BT just dont care!

rant over  ...well at least till i try to ring BT later!

thanks for listening

Pete

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: B.T. Billing.....what a joke!

Hi evenpete

Rather than calling them, You could try using the BT billing live chat - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums (open M-F 9-6)

If you get no joy from them, let us know.

Also regarding the call usage, you could ask about the unlimited anytime package/plan (UAP). For the sum of £4.99 per month you get to use your phone for 01,02,03,0870 and 0845 numbers for no additional cost. You can talk for upto 60 mins free, then redial. There is a fup though. We used to have quite large bills, mainly down to the boss calling her mother! Now it's just the above charge and the line rental - I'm happy as a pig in muckSmiley Very Happy

-+-No longer a forum member-+-