Message 12 of 27

Re: B.T infinity extremely slow upload speed

Wired and wireless there's no difference in the tests either way
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 27

ok thanks I find it strange your tests show a low upload and yet all the Openreach engineers tests show 5mb upload at the test socket using there test kit
0 Ratings
sammyd0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 27

I do too john download when testing is fine on devices and at the test socket all showing 20-22 MB/s
This guy posting here had the same issues but I can't see the actual suction to how he sorted it... I am in contact with Michelle from the mods and will be talking to her next week hopefully about an escalation team or something https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Upload-speed-issues/m-p/1416801
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 27

OP was also like you getting mod help but it would be the engineer visit that fixed the problem not the mods. They would just organise the visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WayneA
Contributor
Message 16 of 27

I'd be interested to see how this works out. I'm currently getting 0.02 mb upload, yet the BT wholsale checker says there is no problem found.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 27

which checker are you using as none would say no fault found could you please post a link to the checker
0 Ratings
sammyd0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 27

a month short of a year later and the same problem has occurred!
Started at 01:00 on May 1st 2016 internet went off so I went to check the router home hub 5 it was flashing orange then went to a solid orange with a small orange icon above like a backwards b. Then went back to normal blue this sequence has been happening on and off over the last 2 days sometimes the Internet staying on for hours at a time. Then the same thing happening!
Spoke to b.t some Indian fellow who said they'd send some one out on Thursday. I wasn't overly worried as the download speed was averaging 15-18mb around 9-11months ago it was at 24 min but I can live with 15-18!
Uploads had been OK between 5-6mb

I go to check the speed today and downloads at 14mbs and UPLOAD down at 0.37 mbs

Now this issue was resolved last time after having around 10 engineers come to the house eventually an open reach engineer and his boss went to the box up the road and reset some stuff and it all got sorted!

Unfortunately I don't have much confidence that it will get sorted straight away and wish I could tell the engineer coming on Thursday what the last guy did 11 months ago

Cheers Sam
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 27

it would help if you posted the stats from your router and btspeedtester diagnostic results  this will be a good comparison after engineer visit and hopefully gets problem fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sammyd0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 27

It's just the same as before exactly the same problem the upload speeds been sapped again and it will be a problem at the box up the road like before! I can post the stats but all you will gauge from it is that the upload speed is extremely low!
0 Ratings